Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightbox preview behind Youtube problem?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightbox preview behind Youtube problem?

I tried several of the solutions posted for Lightbox z-index related issues
    but they didn't work for this particular setup:

(1) Create a new blank BV v12 project
    (2) add a YouTube video
    (3) add a Lightbox gallery with 1 thumbnail

In FF 12 the Lightbox preview just about manages to refresh itself to sit on top of the youtube video widget.

However, in IE8 the Lightbox preview is obscured by the youtube video.

Is there a workaround for this?
    London (UK)

Re: Lightbox preview behind Youtube problem?

>>
    How to ask for assistance

Upgrade to the IE9 browser ... or test-drive IE10 (requires Windows 8 pre-release also) which will automatically be upgraded to a final release version. It is important to always have your browsers updated with the newest versions to maintain proper page rendering, and to "proof" your pages using multiple browsers, as each functions differently and will never universally display web pages: you will always need to find a "compromise" when designing a page to find an acceptability that you can present to Visitors.

2. PREVIEW does not afford full function (for by nature, the page you see is based on local paths and not a result of populating from full embedment in relation to files -- images, media, etc. -- properly being transferred to the server so hard URL's can be created), so until actually Published to a VodaHost server using the PUBLISH command from within BlueVoda itself only (meaning any 'generated' HTML is still encrypted until the proprietary Publish process un-encrypts it) you really have no idea what the page format will resolve to be in final form.

But then, the limitations of PREVIEW have been discussed countless times: the encrypted BlueVoda generated HTML "page" is not really a "page" prior to publishing, and thus in Preview are only 'layers' of applications much as a collage without real page definition (which is required for each Licensed script to function), and cannot be simply used to render a page until it is un-encrypted using the proprietary VodaHost Publishing process which mandates only publishing to a VodaHost server (thus, it is impossible to source/use BV generated HTML and create a functional page elsewhere).

​3. Publish a page to see if your 'issue' remains, and always provide a URL to a page if in question. Otherwise, you need not post.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Lightbox preview behind Youtube problem?

Sorry Vasili, I admit I did not read the forum rules.

Basically, last week I did a search for 'webpage makers' and BV came up. It looked good so decided to give it a go.

I didn't realise there was was a prerequisite to have a domain hosted with VH in order to publish with BV, so my apologies.

Regardless, I solved the original problem myself for IE8 which also works for FF and Chrome. I didn't upgrade to IE9 but it should be ok.

Unfortunately, I already have a domain not hosted by BV and I don't really want to go through the hassle of transferring it to VodaHost.

Thanks for your assistance anyway Vasili.
      London (UK)

Comment

Working...
      X