adding this script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding this script

Hi, I am adding this script http://www.phpca.net/index.htm to my webpage and need some clarification on the steps.
    Do I a just upload it to the public_html folder? If that is the case how does it install? Or, do I make a subfolder in public_html?
    Is it possible for fantastico to install it?
    I guess my main concerns are where to put it and how to get it to install.
    Thanks ahead of time.

Re: adding this script

Where you load it is upto you, just as long it is inside your public_html.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, but shouldn't it be in a sub directory, such as classifieds?
      I have uploaded the files throught ftp to a sub folder, called classifieds but if you look here http://www.stclairtownship.ca/classifieds/ it isn't installed correctly. What's confusing is if I look at my forums http://www.stclairtownship.ca/forums/ I appear to have it in a sub folder through ftp the exact same and it works. The only difference was that fantastico installed the forums for me.

Comment

It works with MySQL, so it is impossible that it can work by simply uploading the files on your site. There are some installation instructions, but i didn't downloaded them. Just read them. Probably you will have to install a MySQl DB, then configure the script.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So am I to create a new database in mySQL? I understand what you are saying I'm needing done, but confused on how to make it happen. I realize the script needs to be installed. Here is all the install says to do in regards to SQL:
          -----[ SQL ]--------------------------------------------------------
          #
          # This Ads mod will add 10 tables to your database.
          # It will not alter any existing tables :)
          #
          # Upload ads_db_install.php and ads_mysql.sql to your phpBB root
          # directory then run ads_db_install.php by typing on the browser
          # After that, delete both files immediately
          #
          # If you do not want to run ads_db_install.php you can run the SQL
          # queries manually in ads_mysql.sql
          #
          ##########
          # After installation, go to your Admin Control Panel and customise
          # your set-up.

Comment

Is supposes that you already have phpbb forum running on your site. Do you?
            If yes, do as instructed. You don't need another DB as the script will add the necessary tables to the existing DB. These are the steps as written above:

# Upload ads_db_install.php and ads_mysql.sql to your phpBB root
            # directory then run ads_db_install.php by typing on the browser
            # After that, delete both files immediately
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So, is my root directory the public_html or is it my existing php? which is in this case a folder named forums?
              When it says to run ads_db_install.php by typing on the browser, what browser are they meaning?
              Sorry to be a bother,... I'm slowly learning. :)

Comment

Root directory is your public_html. But in this case, you need your phpbb root. Do you have phpbb forum running on your site? If not, it won't work.
                By browser they mean your browser: Internet explorer or Firefox or Opera or whatever you use.You must type in the address bar: www.yourdomain.com/yourforumfolder/ads_db_install.php

This will automatically invoke the file and install the necessary tables in the FORUM database.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign, thanks for sticking with me. You certainly must have alot of patience. I do have another php running so I'll see how I make out.

Comment

Yes, but you still don't answer me: do you have phpbb forum running on your site? Not just "another php" as you tell me, but the phpbb Forum.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Yes I have installed phpBB through fantastico. I assuming that is all I need?

Comment

I'm close.... I got this error when trying to run phpBB :
                        Critical Error
                        Could not connect to the database
                        I would assume I tried the wron directory.
                        I tried http://www.stclairtownship.ca/forums/ads_db_install.php

Comment

What should be my correct path?
                          If I look in sub dir fantasticodata folder there is a sub dir named phpBB
                          should it go there?
                          Or in public_html I can follow a path through devy/forums ??

Comment

I've tried a few combinations and still can't get it. I'm obviously missing something.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm getting closer or further away, but I'n NOT giving up.
                              I tried putting the 'ads_db_install.php and ads_mysql.sql' files in the following location http://www.stclairtownship.ca/forums...db_install.php and received this when running the intall in the browser:
                              "Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 25

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 25

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 25

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 26

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 26

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/hthznuqm/public_html/devy/forums/scripts/ads_db_install.php on line 28"
                              :(

Comment

Working...
                              X