Using the CGI bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the CGI bin

I will be selling mp3's on my site and using a 3 party that will send customers a downloadable cloaked link to then download the file off of my server. What folder should I put the downloadable mp3's in? Right now I have them in the CGI bin. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Wilson

Elevate Your Music
    HipHopTraxx
    Blue Diamond Marketing

Re: Using the CGI bin

it shouldn't hurt keeping htem in the cgi bin, but you can put them wherever you want as long as the script you are using knows where they are located

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the advice, the reason I asked was because I didn't know if there was a more secure place to store them on the server. The 3rd party sends out cloaked links so that someone couldn't just enter the url of where the songs were located to download them. I figured I'd make it as hard as I could for that to happen. Thanks!

Elevate Your Music
      HipHopTraxx
      Blue Diamond Marketing

Comment

If im not mistaken, a cgi bin is no different (or secure) then a folder you make yourself.

Google "chmod", and you can probably find a more secure folder setting if you are worried about it

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!

Elevate Your Music
          HipHopTraxx
          Blue Diamond Marketing

Comment

Working...
          X