X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't work through an iframe in IE...

Hi-
    I am running a classified site hosted by another hosting company, (www.cottonpatchclassifieds.com) and on www.moultrietoday.com (hosted by Vodahost) I am running a classified site that is composed entirely of moultrietoday.com headers over iframes linked to my cottonpatch site.
    Everything (logins and site registration) works 100% great in a Firefox browser but in IE the logins and registration pages, going through an iframe do not work. Is this a permissions issue. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work. I own both sites. Right now I have a "redirect" page so that people using IE can still place ads and login to their account, but that takes them out of my moultrietoday site and I really want to keep them there. The direct link to my Vodahost hosted classifieds opening page is:

I really appreciate any ideas.

Re: Can't work through an iframe in IE...

Different browsers have different operational parameters, and there is no universal 'fix' that can be shared.

Likewise, it is impossible to work around the fact one page is requiring Logon (a permission established for a particular page or site) and the iFrame defeats this function.

Populating websites using iFrames has always been 'suspect' both operationally and especially with how the SE's penalize such non-conforming web builds. You should re-consider the entire scheme and rely upon hard-page values instead.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

A question about iframes...

Hi-
      I wanted to know about using iframes within a single site. If I use iframes within pages of a single site, (not connecting with an outside site, but rather, portions of pages within the same site) does that "Throw a flag" and, is that frowned upon with site scores in Search Engines? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Re: A question about iframes...

Yes, google hates frames..It thinks you are upto something tricky, even if its just a simple design element, I would really avoid using frames.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X