Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl on the Hill Revamp No. 3

Hi gang!

I am, one by one, changing my sites over to 800 width and centering them. This is the first 'old one' to get a makeover. I have also simplified its structure and have endeavoured to make it appear more refined.

As always your comments, constructive criticism and smart *ss remarks are very welcome. Lol. Especially before I set off down the road of changing the others.

Thank you all so much :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Girl on the Hill Revamp No. 3

Very nice Amada! Perfect colour harmony, simple and efficient navigation. May i suggest changing the links to Top? as they all open in new windows and one comes up with 5-6 of them.

In your Links page (thanks for the link) are the three last ones on purpose outside the background? and maybe "Photogallery should be "LinksPage" or something like that? Also the Bespoke page is named Buy now.

Your work is very, very attractive as always
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Amanda, I love that color combination - is one of my personal favorites. Looks good on your store.

I agree with Naval about the navigation. It's one of my pet peeves when changing pages within a site opens in new windows (except for enlarging pics, and that type of thing).

I also was a little confused on the Buy Now page - cuz there aren't any cards there to buy - just a link to another store. Is that how it's meant to be?

Your great head for design and color comes through on all your sites.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I must ask you to stop right now!!!!

Again I can get your site up and running but no pictures: just the background .gif and I have yet to find out why. IE and Opera have the same response. It must be closer to home.

Makes me grumpy when I can't look at you good work.

DDS :(
        Dave
        http://www.peacoatpress.com
        ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Naval & Bethers - thank you both so much.

I always set my navs to open at top - that's the way Naval taught me - I have no idea why I set them to blank?!! I have changed them and made the other changes you mention.

Bethers - having the cards on there for over eight months has achieved a big fat zilch. Really the site is about personalised cards so I've included that as a link, just in case they did need one urgently. Does that make sense? Lol. PS. I have changed the wording a little - does that help?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by ddstiles
            I must ask you to stop right now!!!!

Again I can get your site up and running but no pictures: just the background .gif and I have yet to find out why. IE and Opera have the same response. It must be closer to home.

Makes me grumpy when I can't look at you good work.

DDS :(
            Aw, bless you :o) I have no idea why you can't see my images. It is a shame. Again they are all just jpgs although this time I have set them in i-frames. Why don't you post a thread in the Personal Computer forum and see if anyone can come up with a solution for you?

Thanks for looking :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If I can't look at pictures I can at least nit pick the spelling - a speciality of mine. On the fine print terms page: "for" is spelled "fpr" - not good: also one of your testimonials uses "definitly" rather than "definitely." We should all be as error free as the girlonthehill.

I wonder why I could view all your photos on the old site and none on the new? Could be the latest Microsoft security downloads; could be your new format.

DDS
              Dave
              http://www.peacoatpress.com
              ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Originally posted by ddstiles
                If I can't look at pictures I can at least nit pick the spelling - a speciality of mine. On the fine print terms page: "for" is spelled "fpr" - not good: also one of your testimonials uses "definitly" rather than "definitely." We should all be as error free as the girlonthehill.

I wonder why I could view all your photos on the old site and none on the new? Could be the latest Microsoft security downloads; could be your new format.

DDS
                Thank you, as always, Dave. I knew there was another typo but couldn't find it for the life of me. I'd left the other as it was a quote but I've changed it now :o)

They are the same images as you have seen before - they've not been reformatted or anything so I'm stumped.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                  Hi gang!

I am, one by one, changing my sites over to 800 width and centering them. This is the first 'old one' to get a makeover. I have also simplified its structure and have endeavoured to make it appear more refined.

As always your comments, constructive criticism and smart *ss remarks are very welcome. Lol. Especially before I set off down the road of changing the others.

Thank you all so much :o)

http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/index.html
                  Hi Girlonthehill

Awsome looking site. Very nice colors and layout.
                  Just curious about your samples page how u got the pics and the slider like that...vry neat..Can you share how u did that plz.

Thank you

Mike

P:S. I tried your form and this is what I got " The requested URL /feedback.php was not found on this server.
                  Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
                  http://www.atexflooring.ca
                  http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

looks bloody great, sites always look better in the middle.

Only two things I can pick on lol..... when clicking on the >Links< >FreePics< buttons the >Links< button is half missing from the bottom its an over lay.
                    Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by matrixxxxxx1
                      Hi Girlonthehill

Just curious about your samples page how u got the pics and the slider like that...vry neat..Can you share how u did that plz.

Thank you

Mike

P:S. I tried your form and this is what I got " The requested URL /feedback.php was not found on this server.
                      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
                      OOPS! Forgot about those! Lol. Next job after this.... Thanks Mike.

The samples page and the photo album are both done in the same way. I've used i-frames for both. I have a file called i_gallery - that just contains a BV gallery, set to one cell wide, which contains all the images of my cards. The file p_gallery is the same but with photos. Then the samples and photo pages are simply an i-frame with the borders checked to off. You can set it to the size you want. Also, by using the gallery tool too, it allows each image (when set to open in a new window) to be enlarged for closer viewing. It is a cool tool because it allows me to update my images whenever I want and I only have the one i_gallery file to alter. It's worth making sure you use the 'alt description' tags for your images - it ensure that the words are picked up by the SEs (I think!) LOL. If you need any more info just ask. I love i-frames! Lol. I'm pleased with how they turned out - thanks.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by matrixxxxxx1
                        Hi Girlonthehill

Thank you

Mike

Job done - form working, thanks very much, Mike. :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Stroke.nz
                          looks bloody great, sites always look better in the middle.

Only two things I can pick on lol..... when clicking on the >Links< >FreePics< buttons the >Links< button is half missing from the bottom its an over lay.
                          Cheers Dave! That's nice coming from one of my early mentors! Lol.

I've sorted out those two probs. Thanks :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                            OOPS! Forgot about those! Lol. Next job after this.... Thanks Mike.

The samples page and the photo album are both done in the same way. I've used i-frames for both. I have a file called i_gallery - that just contains a BV gallery, set to one cell wide, which contains all the images of my cards. The file p_gallery is the same but with photos. Then the samples and photo pages are simply an i-frame with the borders checked to off. You can set it to the size you want. Also, by using the gallery tool too, it allows each image (when set to open in a new window) to be enlarged for closer viewing. It is a cool tool because it allows me to update my images whenever I want and I only have the one i_gallery file to alter. It's worth making sure you use the 'alt description' tags for your images - it ensure that the words are picked up by the SEs (I think!) LOL. If you need any more info just ask. I love i-frames! Lol. I'm pleased with how they turned out - thanks.
                            Thnx for the tips Amanda. Very nice feature. It really compliments your site

Mike
                            http://www.atexflooring.ca
                            http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Amanda,
                              The wording change works for me :) - but if you make all these corrections, then you become perfect - and what will you have to work towards??
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X