X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double image using rollover button

Image of concern: Russian Flag

Go here for example

I am using a "Rollover" button and my Russian flag image and hover image both show up.

They are both .png format

I tried placing images in Navbar File and then in the Images folder

Now it is published in a test page

Tried in Firefox, IE, Safari and Opera with same or similar dual images showing

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Sorry, I forgot to add that I also tried this using a single button with the "Navigation' menu

Re: Double image using rollover button

You can use a set of images with Rollover to mimic a navigation script, but you cannot "edit" (or "customize" a Menubar) by adding images to the source file.

Either use the Menubar as written, or use your own set of images independently with Rollover and hyperlinks to accomplish what you want.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      You can use a set of images with Rollover to mimic a navigation script, but you cannot "edit" (or "customize" a Menubar) by adding images to the source file.

Either use the Menubar as written, or use your own set of images independently with Rollover and hyperlinks to accomplish what you want.
      Thank you Vasilli

Regarding the menu bar. I want to avoid violation or the BV builder malfunctioning. I would like to read that piece so I can be better informed.

Regarding my question about the Rollover option. I am using my own set of images independently with Rollover and hyperlinks and the results are what leads me to ask why I am getting the hover image showing up behind the "pre-hover" image.

I would appreciate an answer as to why this might be happening. Where does one store the images when using the rollover option, in the images file in the BV folder? I am simply trying to get rid of the hover image doubling-up with the pre-hover image in all the previews and most of the popular search engines.

Thank you kindly.

Comment

Well, I found a solution to the double image problem. The biggest problem was coming from Internet Explorer.

It seems Internet Explorer is allergic to transparent images in the Rollover option if those images aren't exactly positioned in the same location as each other. I was getting a lot of solid black feedback where there is a gradient or drop shadow. It is my guess that transparent images are just not going to come out nicely in Internet Explorer without choppy edges or an ugly black border where there should be a gradient. The other search engines were doing fine. I use IE out of the box without any modifications because it seems to be the most "testy" when reviewing my web site choices.

I simply used a .jpg format and used a small rectangle cutout of my web page background and superimposed one picture my "pre-hover" image, and then superimposed another image in a separate picture of my hover image.

It works! Yipee! I hope this helps someone else out there.

I'll leave the link up a bit longer so people can see: http://www.progresslanguage.com/index_test_page.php

Comment

Working...
        X