X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create hyperlinks

- - - Fixed Menu Bars
    Video tutorial about linking your pages together with Fixed Menu Bars - creating and editing - MUST WATCH.
    - - - Creating Standard Hyperlinks
    Video tutorial about linking your pages together (creating Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
    - - - Sliding Menu Bars (Drop Down)
    Video tutorial about linking your pages together with Sliding Menu Bars (Drop Down) - creating and editing.
    - - - Creating a Go Menu
    Video tutorial about linking your pages with the "Go Menu". This is a drop down
    menu that lets your visitor select from a list.
    Last edited by Brad; 04-25-2006, 03:47 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: How to create hyperlinks

I'm still having problems with hyperlink.
    I'am trying to link page to page.
    What HTTP or ULR name should I use and where do I find it.

I’m real new at this, so it’s probably in front of my face.

Thanks for the help
    if you can help send me the reply to excellentcreditservice******.com

Comment

Im stuck on the same thing also!

Comment

Originally posted by Damien2812
        Im stuck on the same thing also!
        Do you have a VH account? If yes, you must also have a domain name.
        In that case, supposing that your domain name is www.yourdomainname.com the Url for linking to, f.e., page2 of your site, is " http://www.yourdomainname.com/page2.html " .

If you don't have a domain name (and account) you can't link anything exept other peoples, existing URLs.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I can't figure out how to get an ftp hyperlink to work. The files I'm linking to are Word docs. I've followed video tutorial directions for uploading them, so far as I know. In Blue FTP, I created a New Folder and uploaded the docs to them, and they're appearing where they should (so far as I can tell) in the BlueFTP window.

But when I go to Insert Hyperlink, I have no idea how to identify these files in the URL window following the ftp:// I tried out multiple variations with the name of the file, and the hyperlink appears to be created. But when I try to open the link on my Mac, I get an error message that I don't have permission to view the page. On my Windows machine, I get the 'page cannot be displayed' page.

Can anyone help?
          mcnora

Comment

No, do not use the ftp:// link, use the normal http://www.yourdomain.com/foldername/filename.doc type of link.

Files OUTSIDE the public_html are not accessible by the public (only by the site administrator or an authorised FTP user) using either FTP or File Manager.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hey im new i was wondering if u have to pay to get a domain name?

Comment

u know to make ur pages able to use hyperlink with each other

Comment

Yes, you must purchase a VodaHost account in order to publish your site. When you do, you get a domain name for free for the first year.

Click Here to take the royal VodaHost Tour
                  Click Here for the VodaHost Help Centre & Tutorials
                  Navaldesign

Comment

thx

Comment

So, it's safe to say that there is noway you can link your pages together until your have your page published?

Comment

Originally posted by celeste
                        So, it's safe to say that there is noway you can link your pages together until your have your page published?
                        Excactly: you see, the links in BV reffer to absolute URLs, that is pages live on the Internet. Since your pages only exist on your computer, they can't be linked.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                          Excactly: you see, the links in BV reffer to absolute URLs, that is pages live on the Internet. Since your pages only exist on your computer, they can't be linked.
                          I'm trying the website builder, so far is cool, but I can't link two pages together. What you're telling here is I have to buy the Host first before I can finsh my site with Blue voda????

Comment

Originally posted by teroleague
                            I'm trying the website builder, so far is cool, but I can't link two pages together. What you're telling here is I have to buy the Host first before I can finsh my site with Blue voda????
                            You can build your whole website with BlueVoda and have everything ready to publish. But in order to 'see' your links working (and thoroughly test your site) you have to publish your site. You can only publish your site once you have created your VodaHost hosting account. The information you need, in order to publish, will be sent in your welcome email.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Malcom, try downloading BV-8 one more time. I won't delete the pages you've built, but it will provide any new updates you pc might need.

If that doesn't work, then try renaming your pages (even if it's the same name). Just delete what you have as the url and retype.

Thirdly, don't look for the link to happen in BV. The link will take place as you preview or publish.

I hope this helps solve your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X