This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bvp or html

I am experimenting with BlueVoda to rebuild some of my websites which are currently edited by MS Frontpage. Should I entitle all the new pages as bvp files or continue to call them html? It seems the default index page in BlueVoda is a bvp file, should this be changed to html or left alone?

Re: bvp or html

please click the below

Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

watch #2 , but i highly suggest you watch them all...happy website building :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks but the video #2 suggests that the index page should be bvp and the rest html without any further explanation. But why. Can all pages be saved as bvp files? Are there any advantages from an SEO point of view, either way?

Comment

BlueVoda automatically creates the page extension ".bvp" as a normal function, as each page is proprietarily encrypted (which renders the page non-functional) until it is summarily un-encrypted by a VodaHost server during the Publishing process and converted to a HTML coded page. This is why it is required to have a hosting account with VodaHost if you wish to publish pages created using BlueVoda ... it is simply impossible to publish them otherwise without being un-encrypted by only a VodaHost server.

Simply put, do not add any page extension when saving a page created by BlueVoda, and always use only the Publish command or icon from within BlueVoda to publish your pages to the internet.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

BVP or HTML continued

Hi Vasili,
          Thanks for your answer to the above problem. We got there in the end. But I am still puzzled! I have just spent 2 hours trying to work out why my uploaded pages are not appearing online only to discover (by chance) that all the page extensions are set in page properties to php, and need to be changed to html manually. Wouldnt it make more sense to make them appear as html by default? Is there a way to change this as it is very tedious having to do it manually for every page. Or am I missing something obvious?

Comment

Re: BVP or HTML continued

they are html by default, you must have changed it by accident when you where trying to figure it out.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: BVP or HTML continued

Thread Resolved

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X