Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verification code script change possibility?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verification code script change possibility?

Hi all,

On my website www.parentprakopins.com I have a number of pages that are forms where I have included "Captcha" to protect from unwanted submissions from bots. Captcha has worked fine but there's a little problem (not really a problem but I don't know what else to call it) when the wrong code is put in. The "problem" is this:
    The Error Page directs one back to the Form to correct the code - fine - except the existing code is still in the box. Unfortunately, people click on the "Clear" button thinking that will erase the code in the box which it does but it also erases all the data that the client has put in so he/she has to start all over!
    Is there a simple way of clearing just this box without clearing all the rest of the data? Slight modification to the Captcha code maybe?

Paul

Re: Verification code script change possibility?

No. Such re-writing of the licensed script included in BlueVoda is not allowed nor would it function properly as integrated.

Most people are aware that a simple click on the CAPTCHA will reset it (without resorting to the Form RESET button/function, or page REFRESH -- which is the natural result of navigating from one page to another), but for those few that are still oblivious, you may wish to include some small text advisement near the CAPTCHA featured on your Form page to this effect: "Click Code To Refresh"

On your Forms (as seen here and here, etc.), you do have an advisement to "Click on code to try an easier one" but have convoluted a second advisement under your Form in addition to confusingly presenting a format that is not likely to produce the best results: 1. you have re-named RESET to CLEAR and 2. positioned it to the right of the SUBMIT button (the Submit button should always be the "last'"element on the Form, in the lowermost-right position) as well as directly beneath the CAPTCHA code .... this is (with regard to simple functional logic) entirely out of sequence and likely fosters the confusion that is the cause of many unintentionally "clearing" the Form prior to submission.

Your Forms are much more simple than I would have expected, given your industry (in comparison to my mine -- and especially to the simplest of my "Response Forms," the Ad Inquiry), but your formatting is jumbled and not exactly clear. I would suggest you clean them up and clarify the "order" of function for a "friendlier" intelligently formatted Consumer Response Form that reliably serves your clientele.

* If you have only relied on the Form Wizzard, you may wish instead to create a more customized Form from scratch as I always do (Tutorial). And, (as a footnote), it may well be my reply is a complete waste of time due to the way BV12 was originally written to include a CAPTCHA feature with such fumbled formatting (for whatever reason) and this is simply how CAPTCHA presents in BV12 (with the "Clear" button mis-titled and the switched positions of "Clear" and "Submit" along with the ill-phrased 'advisement') .... well, this probably is just another reason I personally do not use BV12 nor have found it to be a suitable "upgrade" for my particular formatting needs with all the other serious and yet still unaddressed issues as well! The only recourse is to wait for the next release with hopes this is resolved, or to use an earlier version, maybe just for the questioned pages if necessary.
    Most people install BV versions directly onto their Desktop rather than into a separate Folder to preserve functionality of earlier versions if they decide to revert usage for a specific reason, which is why I had provided earlier this link to a Zipped file of BVsv2d (an enhanced BV11.7) if they felt it better to get the reliable results form a version of BV that was "issue-free." This is only a solution for "older" VH clients, however, with regard to the IP list in this version not having been updated with server changes since the release of BV12 late 2011. With this CAPTCHA issue so obvious, you too, may wish to consider "devolving" to a more stable version, even if it is not "W3C compliant coded." I am positive that being W2C compliant is good enough for a long time to come ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X