Site URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site URL

I am trying to change my site url from bryant-eng.com to bryantengineering.com. Can I just add a subdomain or is there a way to change the domain name currently on my vodahost account? If I add the subdomain (bryantengineering.com) will my website publish to the subdomain name.

The bryant-eng.com domain is currently being used to route email to my mail server and I don't want to disrupt my existing email setup. I hope to tranistion my email to vodahost but cannot afford to have the email downtime. I want to setup my bryantengineering.com as the website domain and tranistion the email over after the new website domain is working.

Re: Site URL

correction I want my site url to be bryantengneering.com

Comment

Jason
      If I am not mistaken, I dont think that you can change your domain name
      ( bryant-eng.com ). If you add a subdomain it would include your existing
      domain name, f.e. Sales.yourdomainname.
      You can of course buy a new domain name (if available) called bryantengineering.com and host it within your existing vh account.....
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
        Jason
        If I am not mistaken, I dont think that you can change your domain name
        ( bryant-eng.com ). If you add a subdomain it would include your existing
        domain name, f.e. Sales.yourdomainname.
        You can of course buy a new domain name (if available) called bryantengineering.com and host it within your existing vh account.....
        You are quite right David.

The only way around is to purchase a new domain name either from VH or from another supplier then point DNS to your VodaHost servers which is not as painful as it sounds!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have already bought another domain name. Is there anything I need to do within the control panel to host this domain or is it just a matter of having the name servers point to the vodahost account?

Comment

follow the link below - this will tell you what to do.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

Regards
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Domain names can not be changed, when you order one from us, the
              transaction is in real time, we get billed from our upstream provider and
              they DO NOT give us any refunds (And we buy 1000's of them), so needless
              to say that same policy rolls down hill.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have put a new domain as an add on to build a store via soholaunch.
                How do I get to the new addon domain to start building.

Comment

Major Pond-

Do some legwork: read through the current threads in Domains and DNS Forums....you will see the answers to the questions you are posting....

BUT...before you do anything else, I think I should clue you in to save a copy of everything you already have "published" and all the other folders in your Account to your hard drive on your computer. Do this via the FTP tool in Bluve Voda 8 (under tools).
                  1. In My Documents, you will need to open the Blue Voda Folder, and create a new folder manually, calling it for example "ORIGINAL BV FILES". This will be the folder you will copy your files and folders already in your account to for safekeeping.
                  2. Create another folder, same place, same manner, naming it (temporarily) SOHO CART.
                  3. Open up BV8, and under TOOLS, using the FTP tool, make a connection to your account, and as you can see, the double menu system will allow you to highlight (click once on) individual files & folders, and then COPY TO the new folder you just created in your hard drive BV Folder.
                  4. THEN, and ONLY THEN, open up your VodaHost account Control Panel, click on Fantastico, and manually install Soholaunch......think here: are you going to install it in the new folder you named Soho, or are you going to install it in your 'public' (main) folder?? This is why I seem to harp on planning website design to the point of even drawing schematics....is this the main design tool/cart for the account, or are you going to have a BV8 front-end linked to a cart function on the back end?? For The BV8 front linked to back Soho, install Soho to the SOHO CART folder you created, which will allow the BV8 front end to remain in your public file.
                  5. After installing Soho, you will note it might have wiped your account clean or partially....depending . No matter, you have backups of your BV8 folders and files, which you can now restore via the FTP tool to your account as if nothing has happened.

If you need help, email me directly and I will walk you through it.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

circuspet:

1. Install Soho through Fantastico. During the proccess you will be asked for the domain to install Soho into. Provide your new domain name, and Soho will automatically be installed there. It will not affect by any means your existing site.
                    2. During installation, tick the box "send information by email" and provide your email. This way all the information for loggin, username and password will be emailed to you. Save the email for future reference.
                    3. To start building with Soho, you must simply type in your browser www.newdomain/sohoadmin This will automatically get you to the loggin form. After loggin, the Soholaunch website builder will be started and you can start building your new site

The above is correct if you have added an ADDON DOMAIN as you stated above. If instead of an addon you have created a subdomain, called "soho.circuspet.com" as i had adviced you on another thread, the installation of soho should take place in "soho.circuspet.com" and the correct link to follow to start would be "www.soho.circuspet.com/sohoadmin"
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldusign:
                      Thanks for directions, I thought It best to use the add-on domain so that when the site gets to big I can just start a seperate account and link
                      the new domain to the the existing one.

Comment

Working...
                      X