X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Information for further use.

Hi Bluevoda

Having a major problem when it comes to reusing my web pages for republishing. I have spent quite a while making changes to my site www.wildlifeclothing.net , publishing the page was not the problem. The problem is when I want to go back to a page to republish changes alot of my informaton that I had previously saved on the pages has either gone missing or been corrupted.

It cant be my hard drive has I do back this up on a few external drives has well and they all have the same problem. This is a little frustrating to say the least has every time I want to make a small change to a page I basically have to redesign the whole page again.

Please help quickly balding web designer.
    Nick

BlueSaved info gone missing

Hi Bluevoda

I have major regarding my saved pages, I have over the last few days decided to revamp my website. www.wildlifeclothing.net I have no problem sending the work and publishing it on the net. My problem comes in when I return to the page that I just published and want to add some new stuff, most of the stuff that I have saved well is either not there or is corrupt. Now I was thinking that this could be my hard drive but it cant be has I back up my saved work on external drives and the same problem is there.

This is frustrating has when every I want to make either the smallest change to my website I re need to design that particular page again.

What Im I doing wrong
    Quickly Balding Web Designer
    Regards Nick

Comment

Re: BlueSaved info gone missing

Please be more specific, what is the EXACT issue and on which page and where?

Thank you in advance.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Saving Information for further use.

Hi , the page where the problem is on www.wildlifeclothing.net , new product page. The publishing is not the problem has it looks fine on the web, the problem is when I want to go to the saved page to add new stuff to that page I find that alot of the info that I have previously saved had gone missing, such has the images in the lightbox had all gone missing.

Regards Nick

Comment

Re: Saving Information for further use.

Originally posted by hertiage View Post
          It cant be my hard drive has I do back this up on a few external drives has well and they all have the same problem. This is a little frustrating to say the least has every time I want to make a small change to a page I basically have to redesign the whole page again.
          As you say, you back up your pages to external hard drives, but you are likely mis-understanding the process entirely and in fact are attempting to "open" your pages from the same external drives rather than as a proper page file Saved to your local drive (which not only saves the layout, but the paths to sources such as images, objects, and the like).

1. Each BlueVoda created web page must be Saved to the local hard drive, within the folder structure built-in to BlueVoda, in order to preserve source paths, local configuration, and so both Preview and Publish function properly as coded ... just as outlined in the Tutorials.
          2. The reason you find Lightbox images not present and imported-to-page images missing with a red "X" showing is due to the broken source paths: the page source paths that control both the display and the security for publishing do not match what BV is looking for (it is looking in the local system hard drive for the folder or origin of the images and objects and cannot "find" them).
          3. As detailed countless times in these Forums (which makes it an easy Search to find answers), this is precisely why the same processing causes many to stumble as they try to think themselves through the difficulty when they Import Page HTML after their system crashes, when they try to "transfer' Saved page files to work on between two or more computers, or when they attempt to work "off an external" drive rather than on a local installation as required.

Bottom Line: ALWAYS primarily Save your page files as instructed to a single local system (which has a unique System Identity coding stamped on the page files and objects as they are imported onto the pages) rather than attempt to circumvent established protocol, and respect the term "back up' as literally as was intended, and in the future understand that saving a copy of your page files to an external or additional drive is for "archival purposes only" and not operationally accessible: should your local system be wiped out, these archives will prove critical in re-establishing your ability to work with files that can easily be 'updated' as required. This is the beauty of the simple logic that is outlined in detail and emphasized via continuity throughout the BlueVoda Tutorials (meaning, 'follow the Tutorials without interpretation or deviation').
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X