X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows movie maker

Hi

I have been trying to set up a photo slideshow with music using Windows movie maker.

I have resized all the photos to 900 x 600 - in my images folder they look fine but once loaded on to movie maker they appear slightly blurred and the ones taken indoors have a reddish tinge to them. I can't see anywhere to adjust the colour on movie maker.

Has anyone done a slideshow using this & had a similar problem?

thanks for any replies
    Elena

Dordogne holiday cottages
    Find us on Facebook

Re: Windows movie maker

It is, in fact, due to individual image resolution and improper formatting and not the Moviemaker: if you used Moviemaker to re-size your images, likely this also contributed to the improper formatting.

Try instead to re-format your images toward better continuity and resolution using the free download PixResizer from VodaHost, a fully-featured image editor and optimizer that has more controls and options for you to take advantage of.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili!

(I replied to this a while back but it's not shown up here so don't know if it went through ok or not)

I always use Pixresizer to resize my photos and don't normally have any problem - the photos are good enough on the Moviemaker small screen but on full page they're not so clear, even although in my resized photo albums they are very high quality.

Is there an optimum size I should be using?

Many thanks once again
      Elena

www.lescrouquets.net
      Join us on Facebook
      Blog - Tales from our Dordogne Gites...

Comment

It is best to always start with the largest size image as possible, as it is easy to make them smaller, but when making them bigger than original they are subject to distortion.

The distortion you see in full-screen is normal, as it is not normal to view in this mode at all (well, nearly 92% of web visitors do not use this viewing mode - for this very reason). Standard defaulted player size for video/movies on web pages is 740 pixels wide ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X