This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing from two computers

My friend publishes most of the website www.csaswimming.com I update about 3 pages on it... www.csaswimming.com/chs.html for one. Something happens to my pages when she publishes - like a "ghost" of her work. So when I republish my pages, her index page has a schizo graphic all over it. Any suggestions on fixing this?

Re: publishing from two computers

what is a "a schizo graphic"?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

check it out at www.csaswimming.com. It looks like a portion of what I posted on another page blinking on and off...more so when you scroll over the area. It's a large white box that should not be there at all and it's moving freakishly.

Comment

ok...when I hit the link above, the white dancing box was not on the website. So I republished MY page www.csaswimming.com/chs.html and the csaswimming.com started doing it again. It seems that one or the other is going to be messed up depending on who published last.

Comment

You do not yet understand the very foundations of using BlueVoda -- pages are saved on a resident system according to the unique pathways the resources are identified and imported onto the pages. Since different systems have different pathways to each element (saved in different folders, system name different, etc.), there will always be the need to re-import items onto pages before publishing them.

It is the same as if you had to import a lost page as HTML: you will need to re-import items onto pages (including dynamic elements, such as Menus, Lightbox, etc.) in order for the page to have solid source paths to publish properly.

This is why you need to pick a single computer to publish a single site from, or learn to deal with the requirements to "re-build" pages accordingly any time you "share" page files or publish from different systems ...
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X