Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a tutorial for php script for Form here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a tutorial for php script for Form here ?

Dear Friends,
    I have read a lot of threads about applying php scripts for form.
    It will be nice if there is a TUTORIAL...like what script to be used for
    >*Required Field
    > Confirm Page or Thank you page
    > Error or Sorry required field needed page or
    rejected if phone number or
    postal code not being filled with numbers or
    uncorrect email ... like missing "@" or
    some thing like that.
    I am confused to read all those threads because everybody has different problems. There are TOO may to read. It will be nice if there is tutorial for this.
    Please advise. Thank you.
    Regards, WS_Blue

Re: Is there a tutorial for php script for Form here ?

I tend to agree with you in that there are lots and lots of different threads on the same subject. But thats the nature of forums where each person has a slightly different request.
    Different people have also tried to help at various times, hence the various
    solutions.
    Just keep in mind exactly what you want to achieve and then approach it one step at a time.
    For a simple form with f.e. name, email, and comment/message fields
    look at pablos example.
    Then when you wish to progress with perhaps error checking, look at navaldesign examples.
    If you are looking for something special you could always prevail upon
    naval to see if he or anyone else could help........
    Its not easy, but then its not that hard if you use search and view existing videos on forms......
    Good luck, and please post again if and when you need further help.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks! David.
      I have created a web using BV.. The content is not in English but in Indonesian.
      I have a page called
      FORMULIR means FORM and another page called
      HUBUNGI KAMI means CONTACT US.
      I have used the generic php script provided by BV and followed the instructions but can't get me to MY confirm or error page.
      Please kindly advise.
      Regards,
      WS_Blue
      Below is my site, would anyone please take a look and provide me your valuable knowledge for the scripts I need ?
      http://www.beruang.biz
      http://www.beruang.biz/formulir.htm (Form)
      http://www.beruang.biz/hubungikami.htm (Contact Us)

Comment

Hi wsblue,

Have looked at your home page, your formulir and your hubungikami page...
        I can see a problem:

1) You have a form and a contact page but at the moment your links to both end up on your forms page.

2) I can help you with your contact page in terms of
        name - email - message etc
        but you will need someone more expert with php to complete your
        forms page......

get back to me with your thoughts.....
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

WsBlue,

In looking at the code for the "form" page - your action is left empty and you have encode type= text/plain and it should be blank.

Your second form page "contact us" you have it set properly - which is action=hubung.php and the encode type is left blank.

As to the error page- have you set up the php code to validate fields?

As to the basic set up of a php mail to form- I can only suggest that you take a look at these instructions and try to follow them exactly. This will get you to a basic mail to WITHOUT field validation and error reporting.

If you have already looked at these instructions- perhaps going over it one more time might help.

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Once you get that basic mail to working- we can tackle the validation of fields.

Cheers

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Field validation is not that hard. However it might become frustrating for someone with no experience. Hence, just build the form as you would like it, and i'll see to your script, whithin my limits
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
              Hi wsblue,

Have looked at your home page, your formulir and your hubungikami page...
              I can see a problem:

1) You have a form and a contact page but at the moment your links to both end up on your forms page.
              I also don't know, how it happen and why can't it bring to confirm or error page.

2) I can help you with your contact page in terms of
              name - email - message etc
              Thanks a lot, David,
              Please, at least it will get me a start.

But, Can you please take a look here? Is this helpful or easier?

Regards,
              WS_Blue

but you will need someone more expert with php to complete your
              forms page......

get back to me with your thoughts.....
              .................................................. ...............
              .................................................. ..............

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                WsBlue,

In looking at the code for the "form" page - your action is left empty and you have encode type= text/plain and it should be blank.

Your second form page "contact us" you have it set properly - which is action=hubung.php and the encode type is left blank.

As to the error page- have you set up the php code to validate fields?

As to the basic set up of a php mail to form- I can only suggest that you take a look at these instructions and try to follow them exactly. This will get you to a basic mail to WITHOUT field validation and error reporting.

If you have already looked at these instructions- perhaps going over it one more time might help.

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Once you get that basic mail to working- we can tackle the validation of fields.

Cheers

Andy
                Thanks, Andy.
                I have read a lot about, all of the problem everyone has in the threads. The more I read, the more worry and confuse I get. Don't know, where to start and which to follow. But I will try again what you suggested and hopefully, my site will get publihed properly soon.
                Regards, WSblue

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  Field validation is not that hard. However it might become frustrating for someone with no experience. Hence, just build the form as you would like it, and i'll see to your script, whithin my limits
                  Thanks.

Comment

[quote=navaldesign]Field validation is not that hard. However it might become frustrating for someone with no experience. Hence, just build the form as you would like it, and i'll see to your script, whithin my limits

Yes. I have built my form(s).
                    Perhaps, you may please take a look and donate some of your precious time to help me with the php scripts.
                    Danke. Alles Gute!
                    WS_Blue

http://www.beruang.biz
                    http://www.beruang.biz/formulir.htm (Form)
                    http://www.beruang.biz/hubungikami.htm (Contact Us)

Comment

wsblue,

this is an extract from the tutorial that andy suggested you take another look at:

PLEASE NOTE:

The .html page that contains your form must have the EXACT same name as your .php page. For example If your form is on a page called feedback.html , the php page will be called feedback.php

Looking at your code this morning,(I received a 404 error (form not found)
                      I found the following....
                      FORM name="Hubungi Kami" action=hubung.php
                      I suggest you change the name of your php file to "HubungiKami.php"....this will then be the same name as your contact form.......
                      and then ftp the new file to your main directory again.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Not really. There is no need for having the same name between html form page and php page. You got the 404 error because WSblue has not yet uploaded any php file.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

naval
                          then why the heck have tutorials and then negate what they tell you.....

The .html page that contains your form must have the EXACT same name as your .php page.
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

Well, we all are wrong sometimes
                            Navaldesign

Comment

naval, no problems, how did you find out that he had not
                              uploaded a php file ??? just curious.....
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                              X