This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed up link headings

I 'm finding, from time to time, that my link headings get changed. They change to link headings from other areas, but the actual link behaves correctly. For example, the link heading to "sea eagle" reads "pre group" but the link goes to "sea eagle" when activated. This happens on several pages throughout my site. I've just been through all the main headings and republished - hopefully it will now be OK, but what causes this change and how can I guard against it?

Further to the above. Sorry - the website is www.elegantsteam.com

Re: mixed up link headings

I get the feeling that I didn't make myself clear when I posted the above.
    I have a navigation bar on my index page. There 14 - 15 items on it. Now I use a very similar navigation bar on other pages on my site - only one item different. I'm finding that the item names get changed to a different name. The changed name is also from my site but obviously incorrect. But the actual link works OK just that the name is different. I have tried Customer Support and got nowhere.

Should I copy and paste the navigation bar to all my other pages? Or do I have to republish every single page which is incorrect (an onerous task). And, of course, how do I guard against this happening in the future ?

Any help gratefully received

Don

Comment

Originally posted by arcoiris View Post
      Should I copy and paste the navigation bar to all my other pages? Or do I have to republish every single page which is incorrect (an onerous task). And, of course, how do I guard against this happening in the future ?
      Yes ... this issue has been discussed repeatedly:
      Using BV12, you cannot create a new page simply by using the SAVE PAGE AS command and giving it a new page name --- every dynamic object (Menus, LightBox, Gallery, etc.) must be individually embedded uniquely onto the page using the PASTE method (rather than be "inherited" page-to-page) in order to retain formatting and function.

That is why it is recommended that you create a basic page template to individually paste all the elements before saving as a new page.

Use the COPY icon in the Toolbar and the PASTE icon next to it to paste the "correct" menu in precisely the same position as the original across all pages. SAVE the page, and re-publish.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Very many thanks. Couldn't find the subject in the forum.

Comment

Simple fixes are wonderful! Glad to help ...
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X