This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-User Page Publishing?

I have a church website that I want an authorized ftp account user to upload the sermons to a file and for it to automatically show up on the church's webpage.
    Sunday evening when our audio man goes on the ftp site and uploads the new file for the day, I want it to show up on the worship page with the previous sermon files automatically. This way I do not have to go in and add the file to the webpage myself each week. I know how to get the file uploaded to the site using ftp, but not how to get it to show up automatically.
    Please help me with this. www.alliancecofc.net

Re: ftp file display on webpage

1. VodaHost does not permit you to "share" Logon permissions with anyone.
    2. It is very difficult (if not impossible) to have remote "posting" to a website due to the nature of BlueVoda created web pages being first saved to a single resident system (thus preserving original Source Paths of elements inserted onto the pages) and not being present on any subsequent or "remote" system which needs this page detail to publish (or as you hope to, "update") properly. The pages will not display with the formatted design or attributes missing these crucial page details.
    3. Even if you try to circumvent the Publishing issue and think to "update" to a non-formatted page to then 'present' it via an iFrame onto a pre-formatted page, the fact you need share Logon details violates VodaHost's Terms of Service, which would be eventually discovered by the monthly Server Audit by the differing IP's used to access the account and the manner in which that access was used. Best not to risk your account being suspended 'for cause' without warning or recourse!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X