Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Exception Error 12031 - The connection with the server has been reset.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Exception Error 12031 - The connection with the server has been reset.

I have been attempting to upload a page that has quite a large W.M.V. file in it. I changed the FTP connection timeout in the publish options to 600 seconds (10 minutes), and I'm constantly getting this error. I've even attempted this upload from different computers. I'm starting to wonder if my BlueVoda version 12 is not up to date! The more interesting point, is that the file completely loads to the online folder, but the rest of the page stops. Is there something that I'm missing?

Re: Internet Exception Error 12031 - The connection with the server has been reset.

Load media files separately via FILE MANAGER > Upload Tool, and do not "include" them as part of your page build other than as a 'Player Link' to a properly uploaded file, thus reducing the Page File Size correctly and allowing them to be "published" separately as need be (upload the media file via FILE MANAGER, Publish page normally via Bluevoda).

* Be aware that playing such a 'large file' may indeed exceed the allotment of server resources your account is allowed, despite the unlimited monthly bandwidth provision .... Common Rule is to not present media files larger than 7 minutes for video or audio unless they are Zipped for efficient transmission (downloading).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Internet Exception Error 12031 - The connection with the server has been reset.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Load media files separately via FILE MANAGER > Upload Tool, and do not "include" them as part of your page build other than as a 'Player Link' to a properly uploaded file, thus reducing the Page File Size correctly and allowing them to be "published" separately as need be (upload the media file via FILE MANAGER, Publish page normally via Bluevoda).

* Be aware that playing such a 'large file' may indeed exceed the allotment of server resources your account is allowed, despite the unlimited monthly bandwidth provision .... Common Rule is to not present media files larger than 7 minutes for video or audio unless they are Zipped for efficient transmission (downloading).
      Thank you. In doing this, it turned out to be a better option. I got the video to open in another window and is much easier to see.

Comment

Working...
      X