Forum Structure & Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Structure & Ratings

Without want to be a “bee in the bonnet” or cause “a storm in a tea cup” and to be accused of disrespect towards the more vigilant members who contribute to the forums on a daily basis, may I suggest that the Blue Voda forum be restructured to include the vBulletin Rating Module.
    It is apparent that the current member rating system is based upon the number of posts accredited to each member. In my opinion, support sites should be based upon quality and not quantity. The Soholaunch Forum has from its humble beginnings used this particular module which allows the rating of member’s posts.
    When searching it allows the results to be displayed, according to their rating which greatly reduces (no disrespect intended) the “Wows”, “Sure thing” and “Luv it” style replies.
    Please remember that most users who require “pointers” or “assurance” become easily frustrated when faced with the task of sorting through pages of comic book replies to obtain the required information.
    Sites such as “Experts Exchange” have forum modules which incorporate a Questions & Answers approach with allows the posting of a query and from within the thread’s replies the posting of the “accepted solution”.

Again no disrepect intended towards forum members. I am only airing a suggestion so as to raise the Blue Voda environment's level of professionilism and great service value.
    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Re: Forum Structure & Ratings

You just hit the nail on the head.....its on the list.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X