X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website different on different computers

Hey everyone,

I been building websites on blue vodka and been publishing it. When I look at the published version on my computer it looks great, but when I get onto my work computer or a friends computer the sizing is all different.

For example have a look at www.partytimez.com.au I need that to fit the one page and not scroll across.

I have set the page configuration to user defined which I am thinking that this would set the website up so that it would fit onto all computer screens sizing but this is not the case.

Could someone please assist me in this as I really need this problem sorted out fast

Joshua

Re: Website different on different computers

There is much you yet need to understand about how websites "appear" on various User systems, as evidenced by your erroneous page design.
    You are improperly "stretching" your 490x392 "bannar.jpg" (misspelling yours) image to approximately 1200x232 in order to appear as a uniformly displaying background, which is impossible using this method of importing an image into the page itself only to manually "stretch" it. You need to understand how to separate the concepts and to implement them properly:
    1. Design a properly 'sized' page that will universally display according to standards. This thread, however, should be clear enough to help you define your page size properly within standards > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...tml#post364022
    2. ​Properly format and use a Background image instead of improperly mimicing such by using a "Header" image so it will display universally on Visitor systems as should. If you add an image as page background to your properly sized (width) web page (via PAGE PROPERTIES > FORMATTING > BACKGROUND > Image), that background image needs be at least 1800 pixels wide for it to display universally across user systems if you additionally select "Center page horizontally in browser window" under the PAGE PROPERTIES > GENERAL Tab.

TIP: Creating Background Images
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X