Installing new php templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new php templates

I have downloaded the templates that I wanted for my forum...and I hate the default one given, so want to change mine and put up a new header. But no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to extract the files so that I can use them. I have watched the tutorial, and have read so many threads on here I'm more confused now than ever. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated....

Rcmaddawg
    www.rcfun4all.com
    Rcmaddawg
    www.rcfun4all.com

Re: Installing new php templates

All you have to do is ftp the theme you want to use into your phpbb templates folder. Then go to your forum's admin panel, find Styles Admin and click Add. You should see a list of all the themes you've uploaded and you can then install them.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Ty Racefan....but I have done just that. When I go the Admin panel and then to styles, I still only see that default one that comes with the initial download of the forum not the ones I put in my templates folder via ftp.

Rcmaddawg
      Rcmaddawg
      www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Okay, first off, did you unzip the styles after you downloaded them?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yes I did unzip them....wasnt I supposed to?
          Rcmaddawg
          www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Yes, you were. Second question, did you upload them in their own folder, or did you upload each file individually?
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I uploaded each file individually....I had read somewhere in the forum here of someone that had a prob too, and they were told to download a different one as some times there is a glitch in the dowloads, so I downloaded 3 different ones, and then I uploaded them one at a time. And still couldn't get it to work.
              Rcmaddawg
              www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

We may be talking about two different things. When you download and unzip a theme, it will be in a folder named theme_name_here. You need to upload that folder in its entirety to maintain the proper structure. Is this the way you've gone about it?
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hmmm...ok when I downloaded them, these are the names of the files:
                  ezHyperShadow101(Compressed Zip Folder)
                  BBTech(Compressed Zip Foler)
                  AcidTechPurpleEx(Compressed Zip Folder)

So then when I unzipped them, they are now in a folder with each individual name as mentioned above (minus the Compressed Zip Folder)

I am ready to throw the towel in with this, I have had so many probs with this and the email set up....
                  Rcmaddawg
                  www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Don't throw in the towel, but allow me some time, okay? It's late and I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow, but I'll help you fix this tomorrow evening. Email me at racefan20n11******.com (be specific as to who you are) and we'll go from there. Your forum will be fixed soon, I guarantee it.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Ok...well ty very much Racefan, not only for your trying to help me...but for your patience as well...
                      Rcmaddawg
                      www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Hi there,

I had a lot of trouble also please go to the chit chat and read Hey Alien, he got me through it and I changed mine. I printed ot out and went through step by step. If you need more help I can go through it again and help you (hopefuly). OK
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Sharon,

I followed the instructions from the "hey alien" post as you suggested. But still I can't get it to work. I get something that comes up saying there is no theme. There has to something that is wrong. But as I have said earlier, I have downloaded 3 diff templates. Do you have a site where you go to download the templates? Maybe I need a different download site to try. Thanks

Rcmaddawg
                          Rcmaddawg
                          www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Not sure if anyone has had this message come up, but this is what I get after using the FTP manager then going to the Admin page for my forum:

"The template you selected has no themes attached to it. To create a new theme click the Create New link on the left hand panel"

I have had this msg come up now for all 3 of the templates I downloaded. GRRRR.....
                            Rcmaddawg
                            www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Hi rcmaddawg
                              i understand you have a problem.
                              1/ Where did you get the skins.
                              2/when unzipping folder did you place all files into a new folder .

Comment

Working...
                              X