Common Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Problems

This thread seems long overdue, as we find ourselves answering the same questions a good deal of the time. If we all take some time to post a few "pointers" here, we'll have an easy link to provide people when they ask common questions.

I'll add a couple to start with:

1. If you've published your site, but all you see when you visit your domain is a directory of files and folders, you have either failed to publish an index page, or you have named it incorrectly. ALL sites must have a page (usually the home or main page) saved and published as simply index - just like that, all lower case. Saving the page as Index, INDEX, or any other variation will not work. (Remember, this is just the way you SAVE the page, you can NAME it anything you like by right clicking on a blank area on the page and going to Page Properties.)

2. If you've published changes to your site but don't see the changes on the web, your browser is the problem as it is designed to cache web pages. Hit the F5 key several times while on your page and that should clear the cache. If it does not, close your browser and then reopen it. If all else fails, reboot your computer.

3. If you get persistent "incorrect password" messages when publishing, make sure you are publishing to the IP address supplied to you in your welcome email. Once you've selected the proper IP, Blue Voda will remember it so you won't have to change it each time you publish.
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: Common Problems

great tips Brigadier General,
    just realize voda forum change system to be a military. cool
    Nyoman

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy128
      Bethers posted this link on fonts a while back;

http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

Hope it helps!
      (also listed on my site;
      http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html )

For help with web friendly fonts and other really useful bits and bobs like how to build a simple email contact form.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

MJ &FM Naval had already copied the thread in Tips & Tricks at 07:33 hours. Although i left proof of their short life.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very, very, very much Race Fan. I was pulling my hair out over the index thing.....

Comment

Working...
          X