This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding flash videos

I thought I found the answer in a thread that stated you need to upload the video file (flv in this case) into the relevant directory, but alas still no video showing. Help would be much appreciated.
    My steps:
    1. click the "flash" button on blue voda
    2. browse an upload the flv video file (why does it say swf when I click the browse button in there?- I don't have any swf files that I know of on my harddrive)
    I don't know what should be in the browser section here- I tried deleting the irrelevant sections showin the computer location and that didn't work and tried adding the actual url of the file I uploaded- no luck. What's missing here?
    Up till now the only method of adding a video on the webpage has been to Youtube it- I want to avoid that if I can.
    PS Another webbuilder I use has the same facility that works instantly for flash without uploading. It doesn't bother me what method is used as long as it works.

Re: adding flash videos

You are not following the complete instructions outlined in the Video Tutorials (review numbers 26, 28, and 29 to get a full understanding on the processes, the differences, and to see the overall continuity).
    And, as an added consideration, check with the software/provider used to produce the File ... you may need their or another Flash Player in order to run it.

1. Upload your file to your Root Directory ("public_html/") via File manager Upload Tool in cPanel or using the BlueFTP (FTP Manager) in BlueVoda itself -- which is easier visually, as it clearly displays the heirarchy of your cPanel folders and files). Once loaded to the server and your hosting account, "If you can't see it, neither can your web page in order to play it."
    > How To Use BlueFTP To Upload Files
    > How To Use File Manager (and the Upload File Tool)

2. INSERT VIDEO PLAYER onto your BlueVoda page using the icons or Toolbar commands.

3. Type in the Link to the file you uploaded earlier so the player knows where to source it to play (i.e.: http://wwwYourDomain.com/file-name.fla ; .swf, .mp4, etc.)

4. Select other settings as desired (Overall Player Size, Play upon Loading Page, Loop, etc.)

5. Re-position Player on page where desired, and adjust the boundaries of BV Player Box to properly display controls and viewing screen without being cut off or unduly oversized (the Player will be by default the top-most "layer" on your page and will obscure underlying objects). You can use Preview to observe layout and make minor adjustments prior to Publishing.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X