Did I do this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I do this right?

I wanted to know if I added background music to my site the correct way. I found a wav file that i liked and downloaded it to my public folder via BlueFTP. Then I clicked pages properties and added that file to background music. Then I opened a windows media player box and put the file in that properties with a check next to autostart and loop and hide. is thsi right? www.goldenleaf-lighting.com/projects.html

Re: Did I do this right?

Also I find that it make the page load slower. Anything to change that?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenleaf
      I wanted to know if I added background music to my site the correct way. I found a wav file that i liked and downloaded it to my public folder via BlueFTP. Then I clicked pages properties and added that file to background music. Then I opened a windows media player box and put the file in that properties with a check next to autostart and loop and hide. is thsi right? www.goldenleaf-lighting.com/projects.html
      It works! So yes you have done it correctly. It's a pretty piece of music too. The loading speed is slow and the music kicks in a little at a time which sounds a little strange. A tip I have picked up on these pages might help. Some people don't like music on a website (people viewing at work etc..) So maybe one choice might be to not use auto start but allow the visitor to choose to play the music. That might help your loading time as all the music downloaded before the graphic which may also turn visitors away. Just a thought....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply... i had that idea too but... i am still learning so i am not sure how to make music optional and also i though that it wouldnt be ok only on a picture gallery page. I dunno what do ya think? In the mean time I am going to try to figure out the option thing...thanks

Comment

Is there any way to only be able to turn the background music off or on by only haveing a link... instead of the windows media player or quicktime bar showing?

Comment

I'm afraid I can't hear any of the wav Patrick apart from two or three notes of the first bar.

Mary

http://www.huntertheatrearts.co.uk

Comment

Hmmmm really? Well I am still working on it, but it plays fine on all the computers I check so far...I don't know if the way I added the music to my site is the correct way to play backgroiund music. do you know?

Comment

I've tried again and still can't hear anything apart from enough to know that it's an orchestration? If everyone else can hear it I shouldn't worry, it's more than likely that I'm harbouring some gremlin!!!
                I only thought to let you know because Amanda mentioned the music 'kicking in a little at a time'

I'm still busy working on this myself but if it's any help
                I save the wav into BV from the music program that I'm working in, then from page properties I go into background and then select the required file.

Mary

http://huntertheatrearts.co.uk.

Comment

Hate to say it by my computer is low enough on ram that your music slowwed me down enough that I gave up. Sorry. I want more ram for mothers day!!
                  -------------------------------------------
                  Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

On another thread somebody said to right click page propertiues and add the background music that way, but that does not work for some reason. Anybody know why?

Comment

With php, you can have it set to where you click the link and it will reload the page with the music playing, and click a link on the page and it will reload with the music off. If you want to do it without page reloading I would think it would be possible with javascript (I don't know enough javascript to say so or not)

Also...
                      Originally posted by OhScrap
                      I want more ram for mothers day!!
                      I wish it was that easy for me....

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Can anybody give directions on how to do it both ways, I would like to learn it and also see what I like?

Comment

Working...
                        X