Search within site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search within site...

Have blue voda ever thought about incorporating a search facilty within the site builder? I have a search on my site powered by 'freefind' but it just doesn't give that professional feel. I know there are PHP Scripts out there that can do this, I was just wondering because I know if voda did it, it would be alot easier to use.
    Does anyone feel the same way?
    Thanks
    A.Whitehair
    www.eatingnorfolk.com
    Ash Whitehair

Re: Search within site...

Originally posted by ash.whitehair
    Have blue voda ever thought about incorporating a search facilty within the site builder? I have a search on my site powered by 'freefind' but it just doesn't give that professional feel. I know there are PHP Scripts out there that can do this, I was just wondering because I know if voda did it, it would be alot easier to use.
    Does anyone feel the same way?
    Thanks
    A.Whitehair
    www.eatingnorfolk.com
    I think it would be a cool tool too.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It's a cool tool that is usually provided by shopping carts - especially ones that are catalog driven. I, too, would love to see it be a feature of BV. I tried adding a great one but got lost in the hows and added free find also. Free find does work good, but isn't quite the same.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I personally feel that a Search would impove blue voda. It would certainly attract more and different customers from their point of view. People don't want to install scripts all the time it just too much hassle for us busy people.

What do you think vodahost?

A.Whitehair

www.eatingnorfolk.com
        Ash Whitehair

Comment

I know that the recently unveiled "site map" tool in BV not only helps visitor navigation, but also to get better results from the spiders each engine sends out.

Apart from simple navigation that this already available tool provides visitors, what would a non-cart website "search" look for? Key words in content? Or, like an archive tool, should it look through lists (like photo titles in a gallery, page/subject titles, etc.)??
          (Just asking, cuz maybe I don't get something after all, and am missing out myself...)
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

To get back to the search tool. I also didn't want to use one with ads, etc - but I must tell - I've had an internal search feature for all my non-Voda stores - but the one I just added free from FreeFind has a great feature - each week they email me the words people used to search for. This is a great feature I didn't even know I was getting. It helps me to know what people are looking for.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

And you wonder why I run around looking at your posts!
              (I've earned 2 stripes scouring solutions from you, girl!)

I will definitely look into this when I finish up my next site.....thanks!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

We don't want to talk about how many hours I spent scouring the internet for what I went with - including my decision to move to VodaHost - one of the best decisions I ever made! It was a full-time job for me for awhile - and is still ongoing. Glad to know some of what I learned is helping others.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X