X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarge Images on Mouseover?

Good evening from Greece!
    I'm putting together a new page and want the photos to expand when the mouse hovers over my thumbnails.
    At the moment you need to click each thumbnail to get the larger version, is it possible to have the larger version open automatically when the mouse passes over? I'm also having trouble with the link colours - they are not publishing with
    the colors I have set and see in preview. www.redtractorfarm.com/map.html
    Thanks,
    Marcie
    Last edited by marciemayer; 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM. Reason: missing page link
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: Links that open when mouse simply hovers (no clicking)

1. You'll need to install a script to get your images to function like that, a selection of some can be seen here > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...thumbnail2.htm

2. Sounds like you are having the same issue as Terry was having .... here is the tip that Support gave him:

In windows go to start, select run, then type regedit.
    Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER then expand software and remove all instances of BlueVoda.
    Next run the below program:www.ccleaner.com
    Then download bluevoda again and install: www.bluevoda.com/setup.exe

Terry goes on to say his copy of BV12.51 was not generating StyleSheets for Hyperlinks, so he copied the HTML from a page that WAS working to a page that did not ... and this COPY+PASTE is done on the page files while they are in cPanel (as in Edit the code).

If you have any persistent issues, Contact Support for the best solutions.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Links that open when mouse simply hovers (no clicking)

Uhg Vasili!
      Struggled with the script for the mouseover for awhile and am not having any luck. I get unwanted text over and on my page and have yet to get the thing to work. Surprised BV does not make this easier. BTW, is there any chance BV will have a Mac friendly version anytime soon? I tried Freeway but didn't like it at all - BV is far superior!
      Sticking with the click for photo enlargement as I have no luck with script!
      Marcie

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      1. You'll need to install a script to get your images to function like that, a selection of some can be seen here > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...thumbnail2.htm

2. Sounds like you are having the same issue as Terry was having .... here is the tip that Support gave him:

In windows go to start, select run, then type regedit.
      Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER then expand software and remove all instances of BlueVoda.
      Next run the below program:www.ccleaner.com
      Then download bluevoda again and install: www.bluevoda.com/setup.exe

Terry goes on to say his copy of BV12.51 was not generating StyleSheets for Hyperlinks, so he copied the HTML from a page that WAS working to a page that did not ... and this COPY+PASTE is done on the page files while they are in cPanel (as in Edit the code).

If you have any persistent issues, Contact Support for the best solutions.
      Marcie
      www.redtractorfarm.com
      www.iloveacorns.com
      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Re: Enlarge Images on Mouseover?

Installing a script that you customize is not that big a deal, so I wonder what it is you are struggling with ... the script I provided a link to above is clean (does not create "unwanted text" -- unless you mis-cinfigure Captions), easy to customize and install, and should solve all of your needs with little struggle.

Scripts need to be installed on your pages via the BV HTML Box (once you format your images in 2 sets: thumbnails, and larger image).

No .... as far as I know, there are no plans to develop a iOS version when the world is 94% Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Installing a script that you customize is not that big a deal, so I wonder what it is you are struggling with ... the script I provided a link to above is clean (does not create "unwanted text" -- unless you mis-cinfigure Captions), easy to customize and install, and should solve all of your needs with little struggle.

Scripts need to be installed on your pages via the BV HTML Box (once you format your images in 2 sets: thumbnails, and larger image).

No .... as far as I know, there are no plans to develop a iOS version when the world is 94% Windows.
          Wow, only 6% of us are on iOS, a shame, the machines are phenomenal.
          Back to my issue because I'm now in more of a mood to solve the mouseover thing!

Question 1: the directions on the script link you shared says copy past 1st part in <head>. Does this refer to Start of Page or Between Head Tag?
          Question 2: How do I set the URL of a link the way the directions indicate? I have a thumbnail on my page which is linked to the larger image. All is published here: www.redtractorfarm.com/map.html
          Sample enlarged image: www.redtractorfarm.com/otzias.html
          2nd style sample enlarged image: www.redtractorfarm.com/overkorissia.html

You can see the unwanted writing on the map page - I'll leave it there for you to see. This is with the 1st copy paste of script in the Between Head Tag

Thanks Vasili, I know I'm technically challenged!
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Photo Carousels

Can these be created in BV?
            Thanks,Marcie
            P.S. Am I missing something, I no longer see the search box here on the forum?
            Marcie
            www.redtractorfarm.com
            www.iloveacorns.com
            www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Re: Photo Carousels

1. Yes, "Between Head" is the same as "in the <head>" as it refers to the Start of the Head section (focusing on the "<" which indicates the beginning of a script -- the Head -- and the end of the Head using the symbol ">")
              2. I have no idea, and am still too sick to take the time to format the script for you. It should be simple enough to figure out just being logical.

"PHOTO CAROUSELS"
              No, you cannot create them using BlueVoda alone ... you will need to Search online for one that you can add to your page, OR you can find a layout (a "skin") you like to use with JAlbum, which you can auto-install free via Fantastico in your cPanel.

"SEARCH?"
              Still top of every Forum page if logged in, and also in the WIBYA toolbar at the bottom.

Comment

Thanks for the note Vasili - I hope you feel better soon!
                Marcie
                Marcie
                www.redtractorfarm.com
                www.iloveacorns.com
                www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Adding mouseover image that is much bigger than the original image

I have an information icon on this webpage: http://thejuiceplanet.com/rainbow-juice-recipes.html

I want visitors to be able to mouseover the icon and then information pops up for them to read.

I have saved the info as an image, however, as you can see, when you mouseover the icon the information image appears at the same size as the icon. Is there a different way for me to do this?

Cheers

Sarah

Comment

You could not find the above thread using Forum Search?

Follow the links above to find a script you can install on your BlueVoda page to do exactly as you mention to produce a "pop-up" of a text block or an image of any size you configure following the instructions each script provides.

Browse through the many Tooltip and Mouseover scripts at www.DynamicDrive.com to find one that does what you want.

You can also configure Mouseover (or as labeled in BlueVoda as 'Rollover') effects using images, and the "pop-up" image size depends simply on the size you pre-format, once you properly configure Rollover.

Either way, it is simple to accomplish.

Comment

Configure Mouseover (or as labeled in BlueVoda as 'Rollover') effects using images

How can I configure a small image to show another larger image when rolled over? Does this have something to do with the event tab in image settings?

I have tried doing this using the rollover feature but cannot change the size of the second image to appear bigger than the original. See information icon on this page: http://thejuiceplanet.com/rainbow-juice-recipes.html

I asked for advice re this yesterday and was told to look at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...thumbnail2.htm to install a script. However, I simply do not understand the instructions. I've tried to follow them but without success. I obviously don't have the technical understanding. So as Vasili says it can also been done in images I am hoping someone will tell me how.

I thought this would be a simple case of entering the images into the rollover feature and then configuring their sizes. Guess it isn't that simple for BV to make their rollover feature work that way :(

Comment

Working...
                      X