I think I found a Prob with AW stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found a Prob with AW stats

AW stats keeps telling me I have some viewers of my site in Thailand and other obscure places. However, I KNOW that I had some viewers of my website in New Zealand but no stats are showing for those viewings that I KNOW happened. Also my stats do not tell me the country OR regional location of each individual IP number. Tghis information is shown in the AW Stats examples pages but not in my REAL pages. Whatsup?

Re: I think I found a Prob with AW stats

If awstats stats says someone from Thailand or the Ivory Coast visited your
    site, why would you doubt it? Why would it lie?

Please be aware that the visitor from thailand does not necessarily have to be
    a human being. If could be a spider or some type of bot, bots scan sites for
    email addresses to harvest or they try to login to your cpanel with dictionary
    attacks, or it could be a search engine bot in thailand indexing your site.

Or it could be someone in thailand looking at your site...Is this strange????

In a nutshell...

I would say AWSTATS can be trusted with a 99% accuracy rate.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ai2fei is saying that its not showing up people who from New Zealand when it should be.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Maybe the people from NZ are showing as being from Australia or another country - some of them share and the stats don't give accurate areas. Just like a friend of mine in MO - comes in from VA in stats most of the time.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Please also note that AWSTATS also have ususally at the bottom of the list "Unresolved IPs". Could be one of them.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X