This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background is formatted same on all pages but displays differently

My backgrounds are formatted the same on all pages, do not repeat and fixed.

This page is repeating: http://thejuiceplanet.com/green-juice-recipes.html

And quite a few of my other pages are way longer than I have them formatted in width and height, eg http://thejuiceplanet.com/natural-co...-symptoms.html should end at the base of the grey box but just continues on. This is happening on at least 6 or more of my pages.

Is there a glitch in the builder?

Also, I posted this same topic yesterday but the post has disappeared. Does this happen to anyone else?

Re: Background is formatted same on all pages but displays differently

I seem to be able to fix it by opening up a new page in the builder, then copying everything from original page, pasting it into new one and republishing. Very strange.

Comment

yes, it happens to me (not all the time) if I have used the page for different content too many times. It is corrected by the 'new page' method you describe. also yes my post disappeared too, but probably because I posted it in the wrong section .. duhh

Comment

* It has been discussed REPEATEDLY that when using BV12 you must not use the SAVE PAGE AS method to create pages (simply saving the page with another page name, which is "re-writing" the previously saved and published page) after changing simply the page content ... because BlueVoda no longer uses CSS to format, thus ... Each dynamic element (Menus, Navigation or Glass Buttons, LightBox, Ad Banner Rotators, Conveyor, Video, etc.) must be individually and uniquely embedded onto pages in order to avoid scripting conflict and other continuity issues such as you are evidently experiencing: this principle also applies to images and their Titles, requiring all images appearing on multiple pages to properly have unique and page-specific Titles, just as proper optimization standards dictate, in order they display as initially designed.

Any changes to an element displaying globally across your site must be re-inserted (delete the old, paste the same-source new one) upon all those same pages prior to re-publishing, as in any navigation element (Button, Menu, etc.) for when you change or edit "mid-stream" you disrupt the previous continuity that was created when duplicated page-to-page originally. It's a pain sometimes, but there is no way around it ... all those pages need to have the same edited element re-Pasted onto the pages in sequential order starting with the "index" page, and then they all need to be re-published.

TO CREATE NEW PAGES you need to use either the CLONE function or create and use a simple Page Template: you can then use the COPY+PASTE method to insert each item on that Template, and THEN use the Save Page function prior to publishing it.
        1. Once you design your Template you use the "SAVE-PAGE-AS-template" method as a 'Naming' process to save the page without any dynamic elements on it.
        2. Open the saved Template and still without any Dynamic elements placed upon it immediately use "SAVE-PAGE-AS-newpagename" to create a new page.
        3. You will then Open the "newpagename" page in BlueVoda and add the dynamic elements (Navigation, etc.) individually before using only the SAVE icon to properly save and preserve it for publishing.

To "update" or make changes to a previously Saved page -- published or unpublished -- you must only use the SAVE icon or command to preserve the changes (much different from the SAVE PAGE AS function, which "re-writes" pages entirely and causes conflicts such as duplicated headers, continuity breaks, duplicated page code, etc.) and then simply re-publish the page.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X