Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do these meta names help the robots read your pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these meta names help the robots read your pages?

Hello,
    Do these meta names help robots read our pages?
    <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">
    <META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="3 days">
    if not can someone help me with this

Re: Do these meta names help the robots read your pages?

Above allow a robot unrestricted access to read your website and tell it to come again 3 days later....(or so I understand it)
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

yeh I more or less understand that but what I don't know if it's worth trying them out,

Comment

anything that fetches web bots to your site on a regular basis cant be bad...
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

You can put them in, but realize that if you tell the robots to come every 3 days - and they come back and there is nothing new content-wise on the page - they will then determine that you are "teasing" them and change back to longer. In fact, they will come more often or less often based on what they find on your site whether you put that or not.

You can try it - and force the issue, but in the long run, it's what you are doing with the stie that will make the determination.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            You can put them in, but realize that if you tell the robots to come every 3 days - and they come back and there is nothing new content-wise on the page - they will then determine that you are "teasing" them and change back to longer. In fact, they will come more often or less often based on what they find on your site whether you put that or not.

You can try it - and force the issue, but in the long run, it's what you are doing with the stie that will make the determination.
            I saw in a different thread a reply from Navel:
            "Try out doing it yourself, with the help of http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-...-analyzer.html"
            So of course I did that and Im all good within my site except the robot meta tag...And I do see your point as I found that out by mistake, as some know Im a fanatic on changing everything every five minutes, and by doing that I found that my site just kept going up on "the list". I then didnt do anything for a while and it sunk a bit...is that what you are saying?

Comment

Sorry for pushing my nose in here but would you be able to tell me where to put the :
              <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">
              <META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="3 days"> ?
              Do I add it to my page in html?
              Thank you
              Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Comment

So if I change 3 for 15 will it be better I think that I will have to renew information more or less every 15 days

Comment

ajlomond I think you can do it by double click left finger (if your are right handed)on a blank place on your index page then where it says "start of page" just insert the text but lets see if sombody can tell us how many days would it be wise to tell tell the robots to come back.

Comment

Exactly, Kate - your site was getting the se's there often and they kept coming often because every time they came they saw something new. As soon as they don't see something new every time, they'll drop back a bit. Still come, but not as often.

Now, what's important here - is it doesn't hurt you that they don't come so often if you don't have anything new to show them. They haven't forgotten you and your pages still count.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by narobe
                      ajlomond I think you can do it by double click left finger (if your are right handed)on a blank place on your index page then where it says "start of page" just insert the text but lets see if sombody can tell us how many days would it be wise to tell tell the robots to come back.
                      Almost - put it in the next field - between head tag - where you'll see a meta already listed!.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ok that helps me too je je thank you
                        bethers

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                          Exactly, Kate - your site was getting the se's there often and they kept coming often because every time they came they saw something new. As soon as they don't see something new every time, they'll drop back a bit. Still come, but not as often.

Now, what's important here - is it doesn't hurt you that they don't come so often if you don't have anything new to show them. They haven't forgotten you and your pages still count.
                          I once added my favorite poem by Robert Frost (unknowing about tagging) and for a month I was getting hit from people searching for "robert frost note cards"! So that gave me a heads up on how things work. pretty neat! Thanx Bethers!

Comment

Working...
                          X