X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange results after publishing.

Hi there,

I have searched the forum but could not find a similar question to mine. I have been using BV for years without problem until now.

I have prepared a page with full of many glass buttons in it then published it.

When I try to see the result in the browser (ie), I saw that some of buttons are vanished and replaced with duplicate buttons in the page. The total number of buttons and the places on them in the page was correct but the texts on them was duplicated. I believe that that is not caching problem becasue I have cleared the cache but did not work. I also tried in different browser also (chrome, yandex) and no luck.

Please find attached file which shows my design and the resulting page after publishing.
    Hi there,

I have searched the forum but could not find a similar question to mine. I have been using BV for years without problem until now.

I have prepared a page with full of many glass buttons in it then published it.

When I try to see the result in the browser (ie), I saw that some of buttons are vanished and replaced with duplicate buttons in the page. The total number of buttons and the places on them in the page was correct but the texts on them was duplicated. I believe that that is not caching problem becasue I have cleared the cache but did not work. I also tried in different browser also (chrome, yandex) and no luck.

Please find below image which shows my design and the resulting page after publishing.

Any urgent help will be appricated.
    Best
    Hakan

Re: Strage results after publishing.

So we can see ourselves the page you published, provide a valid URL to the website mentioned as required > How to ask for assistance
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Here is the link of problematic page

And this is the main page which uses that problematic page

Comment

First of all, there are a couple things that should be addressed in order to standardize your created directories and your web pages according to how they need to be formatted:

1. You must not use capital letters when creating Sub-Directories: for example, your “page” that has been published to this Sub-Directory which is seen as this < http://www.artoksi.com/Artoksi_130309_trk/defaultpage.html > should more properly look like this < http://www.artoksi.com/artoksi_130309_trk/defaultpage.html >.... if in fact you are using Sub-Directories to present different language versions. If you are not using Sub-Directories to contain different language versions, what purpose are you publishing pages to a Sub-Directory?? It seems that you may be quite confused on how to organize a website if there is no specific purpose to Sub-Directory use.

2. Despite your reasons for creating a Sub-Directory and publishing pages to one, the first page of each Sub-Directory must be Named, Saved, and Published as “index” just as any other separate website. You cannot use “homepage” ….

3. It is far more normal and more beneficial if you create pages published directly to the Main Website directory without creating multiple Sub-Directories. Not only does separating your topical Content into separate Directories eliminate a greater overall Relevance value that is given by the Search Engines for the entire Main Site (it befuddles a reasonable SEO Plan), it does not allow each Sub-Directory to build any real worthy Relevance either. What you think is a well-organized website structure is really an over-complication that in turn creates additional issues serious enough to harm your website’s performance and SEO valuation --- and since it is in a language other than English (the official language of computers and the WWW), it is affected on both the Local Hub and the larger WWW as well! You are better off simply publishing pages to a single, Root Directory (public_html/) and including them in your site’s navigation to look like this: < http://www.artoksi.com/artoksi_130309_trk.html >

4. All Pages must be Named, Saved, and Published using all lowercase letter (no Capitals) to the proper directory, and using only the methods outlined in #6 below.

5. If you are using an Inline Frame (iFrame) to present all or part of a Page, be aware that navigation will not properly function or be normal to Visitors in any way. And, if you are “updating” pages, or “creating new pages from previous pages” you are going to experience issues as outlined in #6 below.

6. It has been discussed REPEATEDLY that when using BV12 you must not use the SAVE PAGE AS method to create pages (simply saving the page with another page name, which is "re-writing" the previously saved and published page) after changing simply the page content .... each dynamic element (Menus, LightBox, Ad Banner Rotators, Conveyor, Video, etc.) must be individually and uniquely embedded onto pages in order to avoid scripting conflict and other continuity issues such as you are evidently experiencing: this principle also applies to images and their Titles, requiring all images appearing on multiple pages to properly have unique and page-specific Titles, just as proper optimization standards dictate, in order they display as initially designed.

TO CREATE NEW PAGES you need to use either the CLONE function or create and use a simple Page Template: you can then use the COPY+PASTE method to insert each item on that Template, and THEN use the Save Page function prior to publishing it.

To "update" or make changes to a previously Saved page -- published or unpublished -- you must only use the SAVE icon or command to preserve the changes (much different from the SAVE PAGE AS function, which "re-writes" pages entirely and causes conflicts such as duplicated headers, continuity breaks, duplicated page code, etc.) and then simply re-publish the page.

You might be better off simply re-creating the Pages in question from scratch using the methods outlined in #6 above.
        Please be sure to review carefully any of the Tutorials as needed, as they outline in details all the methods and processes required!

>> BlueVoda WebBuilder Tutorial Library

>> Complete Web Building Tutorial Archive
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I think I have found out the reason of this strange behaviour of BV after you made things clear: I was placing and object (glassbutton in this example) in a page and using copy/paste to put more of them in to the page causes this problem.

Your reply told me it is obvious that creating an object and seting its properties for the first one and then copy/paste it for the new ones is easier and faster instead of creating the new for each and seting the properties again and again.... as you said "continuity"

By the way, thank for the advices above and your kind efforts to my topic.

take care,

​POSTS MERGED

Comment

Working...
          X