• Show
Clear All

• Affiliates and Linking to Ebay

Hello-

Our domain name is http:www.goldenseniordays.com
    and we are off line.

We are Golden Seniors-
    Edmond and Betty Corson

We are practicing building our home page with soho and have spent the last several days on the net looking at sites for inspiration.
    We understand when we publish BV puts our site on 40 search engines sites?? Is this correct?
    Anyway when we go to Google and type in their search engine -website builders-we can,t find BV but when we type in bluevoda
    bang there it is right at the top of the page--I guess the question I am looking for is there a way to get to the top of their search engine??
    The second question we have -is there any standard for putting links with Icons on the home page for ,say in our case, Ebay and Bluevoda?
    Betty seems to think the "fewer the better"

Thank you for any of your suggestions-
    gs-E&B

Re: Affiliates and Linking to Ebay

firstly there is an affiliate programe that you can purchase from voda host ,go to yahoo and get a pay per click account the same with google they usual cost around £5.00 per day if you put a budget on them and this will give you a sponsored link i.e on the left or at the top of the pge .
    to get your site actualy at the top of the search engines you need to start to get good ranking this is achieved by making sure you have done all the meta tags in each page correctly and by lots of other methods you can pick up from this forum . so the main thing to do is just hang on in there and the more popular you get the more you probably go up the laddr to the top of search site s. hope this is of use to you have a nice day now
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

If you are wanting your site to look professional - avoid having banners and links that take you from your home page to other sites - UNLESS those same banners are what you expect will make you your money for the site. For example, if someone is an affiliate site, they would do that. In my case, where I'm selling products, I will keep my pages as professional as possible and do all I can to keep people on MY site buying from me. My links from pages other than my specific links or resources pages will be discreet and rarely use banners. But that is a matter of taste also.

Look at what the biggies do - and you'll rarely ever see a link or a google ad or a banner leaving their sites from their home pages.

Moving up the rankings with the se's organically takes some time - and to do it you have to carefully use keywords on the pages and in anchor text that others would use to link to you. The pay-per-click method is available, but if you use it, do your homework and make sure that you are not spending more than it brings in.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you folks -Your suggestions were very helpfull- gs-E&B

Comment

Working...
        X