This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact page not updating

Hi, I am trying to update my contact page but after publishing, it's not updating. I have inserted the no cache code into the html of the page but still nothing. Its www.cakeladycakes.com/contact.php online but its saved as contact.bvp in bluevoda. not sure why?
    Any ideas?
    Liz

Re: contact page not updating

>> Help My Browser is Caching

Files are saved in BlueVoda as ".bvp" until unencrypted by a VodaHost server during the publishing proicess, which publishes as type of file as configured.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, Thanks for that. I did all the things it says to do in the browser caching link and then I re published but its still not publishing...
      Liz

Comment

If you have improperly published the page previously as ".html" and that page is still on the server, there is a lingering Page Conflict and the ".html" version will default.

Access your account via cPanel and delete the "html" version of the page to allow the "php" version to present.

This is assuming you are in fact publishing to the updated server IP, and not looking at pages on the old server. If necessary (and after removing any "html" versions as mentioned above), contact Support to verify the correct IP to which you need be publishing to.

There are the only avenues of resolution worthy to explore.

Remember:

1. Open your 'index' page in BlueVoda

2. Double-click on FORM AREA to reveal FORM PROPERTIES

3. Make sure you have selected > "Encoded:multipart/form-data"

4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address" (This selection also resets the page to automatically be published as PHP)

5. Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)

6. In PAGE PROPERTIES (access from the Toolbar via EDIT > PROPERTIES or by right-clicking on a blank area of the page in the Workpane > PAGE PROPERTIES), verify that the "File Extension" has been automatically reset to "PHP" ... if it has not been, make the correct selection to "PHP" before moving to next Step.

7. SAVE page exactly as titled in Form properties (only - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing, as outlined in the Tutorials)

8. Re-publish page as saved.

9. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "index.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
        > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Your Hosting Account (Upload/Delete Files, Create Folders, etc.)

10. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok thanks. I imagine its the right server ipbas all my other pages are publishing.
          Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            If you have improperly published the page previously as ".html" and that page is still on the server, there is a lingering Page Conflict and the ".html" version will default.

Access your account via cPanel and delete the "html" version of the page to allow the "php" version to present.
            Hi,
            I have deleted the html version of the contact page in my control panel.
            but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong when publishing the new contact page. How come it defaults to html rather than php when publishing?
            Do I need to save it differently?
            Thanks Liz

Comment

forget it i worked it out. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X