X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Problem

Hi,

I inserted the Google Analytics code on my homepage in the wrong place. I went into control panel and edited it out which is fine however the code still remains in the web building page so that if I alter my homepage and publish it I re publish the code in the wrong place again. How do I overcome this?

Thanks. http://www.irishmemorialstones.com/

Re: Code Problem

If as you say you properly edited your page while in cPanel, there is no need to "re-publish" the page at all.

Similarly, re-publishing the previously Saved and Published page without first removing the Code from your BlueVoda page or editing the placement of it is entirely illogical, and will create obvious redundancy.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      If as you say you properly edited your page while in cPanel, there is no need to "re-publish" the page at all.

Similarly, re-publishing the previously Saved and Published page without first removing the Code from your BlueVoda page or editing the placement of it is entirely illogical, and will create obvious redundancy.
      Thanks. After removing the code via Cpanel, and without re-publishing, if I right click on the webpage and click View Page Source the code is indeed gone. However if i right click on my Bluevoda page and click Page_HTML the code is shown as still there so that if I add a picture etc to the page and publish the code gets published along with it. There seems no way to remove the code in the Bluevoda Page HTML dialogue box.

Comment

It does not make sense that you cannot remove the Code from your BlueVoda page after installing it yourself.

In Page HTML you can click on the various Tabs to see where you actually installed it, and once you have found it, simply 'highlight' it using your mouse, and delete it. Close Page HTML, and SAVE (not 'Save Page As,' but simply 'Save') the page using the Icon or Command. You can then add or remove elements at will knowing that the Code is no longer part of the saved BlueVoda page and will not present after Publishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          It does not make sense that you cannot remove the Code from your BlueVoda page after installing it yourself.

In Page HTML you can click on the various Tabs to see where you actually installed it, and once you have found it, simply 'highlight' it using your mouse, and delete it. Close Page HTML, and SAVE (not 'Save Page As,' but simply 'Save') the page using the Icon or Command. You can then add or remove elements at will knowing that the Code is no longer part of the saved BlueVoda page and will not present after Publishing.
          A thousand apologies, I was trying to remove it from the Generated HTML pane of the Page HTML Box as opposed to the bottom pane where you enter it in the respective location. Doh!

Comment

LOL! We all have our moments, yes?

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
            X