Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name saving problem

I am trying to rename a page using 'save as' to the following:

www.secondhandbookshed.com/second-hand-books-australia/autobiography-books/pg1-of-8.html

however blue voda wont allow me to do so, giving an error message. I have checked the sticky post on this subject, but can see what might be wrong in the above address if anything? Can anyone see the problem please?

Re: Name saving problem

You are not following the proper methods, as discussed all throughout the Forums > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...tml#post373649
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Saving an existing page with a new name

I posted on this a day or so ago but still havent been able to solve the issue. I would like to save an existing page, www.secondhandbookshed.com/autobiographypg1.html with a new name so its url would be:

www.secondhandbookshed.com/second-hand-books-australia/autobiography-books/pg1-of-8.html

I originally tried to do this as 'save as' and recieved an error message from blue voda, and was advised in the last post on the forum this wasnt the correct way to go about it. This attempt I have 'cloned' the page and attempted to save the cloned page using 'save as' (seeing no other way to change the name of the cloned page) and entering /second-hand-books-australia/autobiography-books/pg1-of-8 in the naming field, but again am getting the message 'the above file name is invalid'. Somewhere along the line I am missing the point or am entering the new name in an invalid format. Can someone please suggest the problem?

Comment

Re: Saving an existing page with a new name

A.
        Are you adding an extension to the file when saving, as in adding ".html' or ".bvp"?? If yes, don't.
        Just type in a simple Page Name without any extensions - BlueVoda automatically does this for you as part of the encryption process, and automatically converts them as part of the normal un-encryption process that is part of the Publishing function ....

Try using normal English, as carefully instructed in the video tutorial ... any other manner is abnormal manner and not a way in which to create navigation as well as Name Pages.

* It is suggested instead you give them actual NAMES that correspond to continuity of Page Relevance (the synergy of Keywords, H-Meta, Anchored Text, Page-Specific Image Titles, etc.), a critical element!

B.
        Secondly, just by simply looking at the Link you provided above to describe what you are attempting to do (Save a page as named with the structure that is obvious), i suggest that you are terribly confused on how to properly create Sub-Directories --- if that was your intention at all!

Your Hyperlink above describes that you have multiple Sub-Directories created upon this single Domain, and that as such, you are not understanding the manner in which to organize a website and to "order" pages in addition to not following prescribed methods of creating pages for a Sub-Directory with a functional understanding of how they operate (and should not operate):
        1. The cardinal Rule for all websites (and by definition a Sub-Directory is an independent, separate website from the Primary Domain) is that the first page must be created as, Saved as, and Published as "index" for it to function as the "Main" page as it needs to be. This includes the first page of all Sub-Directories be also called "index" rather than any other Name or Format ("pg1-of-8"). Period!

2. It is wholly unwise (and a death-knell to all Search Engines) to have multiple depths of Sub-Directories installed upon a single Domain, as this destroys any hope for Relevance to be developed. If absolutely necessary (and only if there is absolutely no other option), the limit to Sub-Directory depth on a single Domain must be limited to no more than 2, and that those 2 Sub-Directories must in fact demonstratre clear and positive Relevance construct to the Main Website without being too closely constructed to construe cause to be evaluated as a "Duplicate Site" in any perspective.

Your Website has how many?? Can you see??
        >> www.secondhandbookshed.com/second-hand-books-australia/autobiography-books/pg1-of-8.html
        Yours has 3 separate Sub-Directories (1. secondhandbookshed.com ; 2. second-hand-books-australia ; 3. autobiography-books), and the first page is not "index" but "pg1-of-8" ...

You need to completely review all the Tutorials on how to plan, organize, create pages for, and publish your website. Even (it appears) on how to develop Keywords into your Page Content/Page Names/Image Titles/H-Meta, etc. rather than think it clever to create Sub-Directories instead.

Since your website is primarily devoted to "autobiography" books, you should have kept all the pages (and sections) within the single context of a single website to create the necessary Relevance and Search Engine values by naming pages possibly with obvious continuity as this for example: www.secondhandbooks.com/autobiography-1.html ... followed by www.secondhandbooks.com/autobiography-2.html ... and so on.

This Thread may help to enlighten you more on the proper (and improper) use of Sub-Directories, and provide the compelling reasons to instead logically create an "emphasized page order" within the standards manners for optimal effectiveness. Read/study it carefully ... it is the only such explanation so detailed and available in these Forums.

AND ... refrain from creating duplicate Threads: find your last Thread/Post and continue the issue as a Reply in the previous thread as required by Forum Rules.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Name saving problem

Thanks for your reply again. I shortened the name I was trying to save to:

www.secondhandbookshed.com/autobiography-books.pg1 and that was accepted, praise be..

NO!! .. it should be "autobiography-books-1" ... without the "pg" (a non-conforming abbreviation) and without the period "..books.pg .."

Its hard to sort out the facts, even reading carefully - at least thats how it is for me - I greatly appreciate your to the point pointers though.

Comment

Re: Saving an existing page with a new name

You obviously know a great deal more about this than I do. I posted a request for a website review about 2 weeks ago, and havent as yet had a reply. In that I explained I had put a lot of work into building the website, yet had sold a mere 1 book - and obviously needed feedback as to what I have failed to do so far. Without any guidance from that front im trying to understand the areas I need to know about but apparently dont - and it appeared to me I failed to understand the need to enhance the pages for search engine ranking. So in the last week or two ive tried to improve my understanding of this area considerably - including re watching a lot of the videos and reading sticky threads, researching on the net, and asking apparently dumb questions on this forum. Surely that is what I should be doing to rectify a knowledge deficiencly?

I apologise for opening new threads but was under the impression I could not add to my previous threads as they appeared to have been closed off before I had been able to seek clarification?

Because I have been seeking to understand what I need to do to make the site attractive to search engine ranking my question about page naming was actually part of that, not an attempt to make a 'sub directories' wich is something I hadnt thought about.

I was under the impression the page name needed to logically reflect what the page was about to enhance search engine ranking - that url was my best attempt at that in the absence of any information I could locate or was aware of. That is why I posted the question. I should have explained my purpose better, you incorrectly assumed I was trying to make sub directories. I have found some of your replies confusing because you are assuming a certain level of knowledge about areas I have come to the forum to seek pointers on and your replies touch on areas or sources of information I am unfamiliar with.

You are obviously very knowledgable, and it is very good of you to be willing to assist. I appreciate your assistance & apologise for any aggravation I am unintentionally causing.

Comment

Working...
            X