This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switched to MAC Platform

I had to switch to a MAC platform due to the death of my PC. I've installed a program called "Parallels" which enables my to run Windows based programs.

I was able to download Blue Voda and install it with no problems, however, when I try to open any of my web pages (.bvp), a box pops up that says: "Unexpected file format".

HELP! I have a personal retail site with over 300 pages, and two other sites as well.
    Sheryl Tupa
    Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
    Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
    New Baby Cartoons
    Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
    Cloud Nine Photo Magic
    Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Re: Switched to MAC Platform

Sorry! BlueVoda is specifically written to operate on PC, not iOS, and there is no support for any issue trying to run it on iOS.

My suggestion is to buy a $50 PC Tablet to run BlueVoda on if that is your preference (to convert to iOS), although you will still have to re-import all images and dynamic elements for any and all pages you need to update -- just as if you were importing existing HTML pages from online.

Consequences of Choice.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I won't be able to use the speed of the MAC but I do have a Gateway PC Laptop that I can dedicate exclusively to Blue Voda.
      Sheryl Tupa
      New Baby Cartoons
      Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Unexpected File Format

Okay, I know now that I can't run Blue Voda on MAC even with "Parallels" software.

I have all my website files on an external drive, and just opened up the program on my laptop PC running Windows, and when I go to open a page, I'm getting the same error message . . . "Unexpected file format".

What could possibly be the problem with this now?
        Sheryl Tupa
        New Baby Cartoons
        Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Re: Unexpected File Format

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Download BlueVoda precisely as instructed - to the Desktop. BlueVoda is a web builder that requires Resident File Source to work properly, meaning that it needs be downloaded to a single resident system for the pathways for files and elements to be properly associated in order to publish pages correctly.

BlueVoda and ".bvp" page files will not function on a remote drive or between two systems: they must be imported into a single system-resident installation of BlueVoda prior to opening/modifying.
          And, you should review these posts as well:

> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...tml#post369415

Especially > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...tml#post373224

Comment

Re: Unexpected File Format

Well, now I'm extremely disappointed. My original PC crashed and now it appears that even if I have another PC, I can't recover any of my .bvp files even on another Windows machine. If the most current files are stored online, isn't there someway to go through the C-Panel and recover files that can be read on new system?

I have been a VodaHost customer since 2007, and have always had good things to say to anyone who asked me about my hosting company. I sure wish there was someway to resolve this issue.

Not only does it appear that I will have to rebuild my entire website (www.cust-m-cartoons.com), but I have to let another person know that I'm no longer going to be able to maintain their website.
            Sheryl Tupa
            New Baby Cartoons
            Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Top Of Forum Page: "Support & Community" > TUTORIALS > BlueVoda Tutorials > "How To Import HTML Pages Into BlueVoda"

Of course, you WILL have to re-build the pages (re-import dynamic elements and images, re-configure links and styles, re-format text, etc.) in order to have a functional page on your system.

The same re-building of pages will be required if you simply transfer previously saved BlueVoda page files via Thumb Drive or other transfer method.
              Forethought and understanding can translate into ability and accomplishment.

The methods have never changed, Sheryl, so it is not fitting for you to express angst upon others who do not deserve it.
              Consequences of Choice.

Comment

Working...
              X