Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Background Music

Hello,

The tutorial for adding music to the web page is clear. However, I'm not hearing anything after uploading and publishing. Can someone help out with this?

I'm also curious to know if I'm able to add a music player to my site, and what tools are recommended?

Re: Adding Background Music

Adding auto-play background sounds to a website is not recommended (internet etiquette means to respect viewer's environment), but if you insist, it is preferred that you instead embed a player with controls with which the visitor is allowed options to adjust volume or to turn off.

Different browsers (most notoriously Chrome) do not recognize many types of auto-play/embedded sounds based mostly on file types, but also being the "smarter" browsers, they often do not play sounds that are embedded overall (as if a security buffer).

Windows Media Player works fine across PC and Droid, otherwise RealPlayer is likely the second-most universally recognized player for you to use. (QuickTime - although distributed widely - is still not entirely adaptable nor universally fluid)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks you.

By the way, sometimes the client insists. what can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by TMHC View Post
        Thanks you. By the way, sometimes the client insists. what can you do?
        Refuse.
        For cause: 1. so 1999; 2. unprofessional, unsophisticated; 3. creates unwanted influence for site abandonment (visitors hate being slapped in the face with unwanted "greetings"); 4. does not contribute to SEO metrics; 5. universal browser performance not guaranteed, and in fact has been specifically delimited.

When posturing yourself as the 'Expert' or a 'Professional' there are standards that you are expected to maintain for the benefit of the client that involve more than simple satisfaction --- they are standards of compliance and construct that define that expertise by the integrity of your effort to comply and apply.

Clients generally require something to base their respect and reliance upon, and such commitment to compliance is the most visible foundations for them to cite. It's how to 'prove yourself a professional' without really trying ... and a real Professional takes pride in what they produce without compromising or scrambling for a few coins.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X