Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st EVER website, WHAT YA THINK?

Hey All,
    Wanted to let ya all know that I have finally finished my first ever website done completely by ME! lol!

Just wanted some EXPERTS opinion or 2~ WHAT YA THINK?

www.chanuteaviators.com

Re: 1st EVER website, WHAT YA THINK?

oh yeah, please be easy on me, ITS really the first time ever I have tried ANYTHING remotely close to this on the old CPU! lol

Comment

Congratulations! Good work - but, in all honesty, the colours really hurt my eyes. The red and the blue just look a little harsh against the brilliant white background. Maybe an off-white or very pale grey background would make a big difference. I like the layout. I didn't try anything else because it really did hurt my eyes.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You've got a great start. I can see that you plan to have lots of sponsors - with all those bv buttons on the sponsor page! It would look better if you used blank buttons until you get sponsor names. That would also make the sponsor names stand out. And I also suggest that you have the sponsor websites up in a new window (on the linking information - put in blank) but do NOT do that for your own pages!

Really, you've done a lot of good work.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey there aviators,

I appreciate your site and love the old photographs of old Kansas, BUT that being said...I think you need to maybe tone down the red text a bit. Use it to highlight really key points of your text. Also check your pages as there is some overlapping, especially on page one. The baseball batsman picture is great but I was wondering if it was animated or just a picture, as it is very blurred on my screen and not clear. I love the short synopsis of your your team name..it was well done. I would lengthen the page or create a second page for sponsors since you have so many menu bars on your sponsors page. May I suggest that you add and update the sponsors page as you get more sponsors so that it does not appear cluttered.

It is still a very good site and a little tweaking here and there and you should hav it perfect. You probably will be getting even better advice soon from the more experienced 'websters' as I have and it's all gooood. Good luck with everything and I'll look forward to visiting your site again.
          Beezz
          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

WOW, TY! I knew I would have some things to work on, I am just glad its simple little things, such as colors and how they should be used, NOW I know! lol! AGAIN TY and will try and tone it down a bit!

Comment

Looks really good! Can't believe it's your first try! I love the old pictures. In addition to all thats been said, on your sponsors page, I would link to the sponsors website by clicking on their name. I don't think I would have a button next to their name, but thats me. Good Luck with the website and your games!!
              Cindy
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I had the hardest time learning how to LINK the sponsor names, every time i tried to link it, I never could get what it meant by the Before, during and after tags. I tried a few things but it would never link. I am very green, so I figured out that maybe I could link it the way I did. Any suggestions on what I may of did wrong?

Comment

p.s. our team colors are red,white and blue and are outlined in black. So this is why the glaring colors. lol. wow, maybe my teams uniforms blind our fans eyes. LOL! THANKS ILL work on the color scheme soon!

Comment

I liked your colors and thought that while VERY bright they went well together. Maybe use the custom colors and tone down a shade or two. The only thing that I really noticed is the buttons. They vary from page to page and way to many on sponsor page. I made a hidden button on one of my pages by making a shape and on the properties linking it to another page just like your buttons. I think that there is a turorial video for this. Then put it on the sponser name right click and chose move back. It worked for me. You will find my hidden button on my home page at the left end of my copyright bar. Duh just came to me do the same process with the text box of each sponsers name - right click, page properties and set link.
                    -------------------------------------------
                    Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

I agree with them, a little bright and you get them to put a link to get back to your site?
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

I didn't have trouble with the colors - but do feel you could keep the same colors - but tone them down. Shouldn't be any problem - and I can see why you'd want to use the team colors. There are shades that wouldn't glare.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Some guys here are right the colors are too bright, as simple you keep it as good as it shows, and in sponsor page you have so many link bars empty, but I can tell you that's good cuz it's your first one, very soon, my production club will be on, and I'm looking for people exactely like you, I want people who want to prove and put their talents over power.

Take a look at www.niteproduction.com, but the second page where there is a form doesn't work yet, I'm still waiting a support from the blue voda people to fix a problem that I got
                          The Producer

Comment

As far as the buttons are concerned. It sounds like you were using the page html. Instead, use the link image at the top. One way I did it was as follows: On the text box where you have the sponsors name, click on that and highlight it. Go to the top menu bar and click on "Link". When the window opens, type in the URL of the sponsor, ie.. http://www.flooraudit.com. and click ok. That is a simple way to do it. You could had a little box behind the text to make it look a little better. I know others here can tell you how to make a button and have the sponsors name in the button, but I haven't done that yet. Anyway, hope this helps.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hey all,

THANKS alot for the helpful hints you have given me! I have tried to tone down the colors, I used a gray and navy blue theme, Figured it would help with the BRILLIANCY of the page!

I also noticed alot of people telling me that I should not use the bars and directly link the names of our sponsors, I plan on doing this, NOW that I know how to. BUT until I get enough sponsors I am going to leave the BV BARS up there, for it SHOWS THEM what I am offering to sale them! KINDA CORNY, but when you live in BUMPUCKED eygpt you know how it goes!

WELL, please dont hold back, TELL ME WHAT YA THINK!

Comment

Working...
                              X