This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formating text menu

I am using the text menu feature in a horizontal layout. It seems that in the BV editor all Links are displayed on the same line,
    while when puplished the links are displayed on 2 lines. Using IE 8.
    I noticed the placeholder for the text menu is about 110 pix 'empty' before the first link appears, the same after
    the last link. The page width is 900. The text menu is 891. In my opinion there seems to be enough room to put everything on one line.
    Is there a way to control the empty space before the first link and after the last link? Or, am I missing something?

thanks for taking a look

Re: formating text menu

Read the following very carefully, to really picture in your mind what is being detailed:

It's all about configuring the appropriate Font Size in the MenuBar Properties 'Style' Tab and adding extra spaces after each Item entry to properly "space out" Navigation items horizontally in a balanced, normal-looking display.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Read the following very carefully, to really picture in your mind what is being detailed:

It's all about configuring the appropriate Font Size in the MenuBar Properties 'Style' Tab and adding extra spaces after each Item entry to properly "space out" Navigation items horizontally in a balanced, normal-looking display.
      Thank you, Vasili, for your quick response. I am not addressing that I would like to have the Nav links equal in size.
      I am experiencing overflow in the line of Links once published. If I add more spaces to make all equal, I would have
      two lines of Links, which I feel could be done in one line.
      In the editor it fits, there is no overflow into the next line.
      Is it possible to upload a screen shot, maybe that would clarify my findings?

Comment

1. First of all, you are using Text links in a format that is usually exclusively intended for Footers, in order to provide actual navigation links that are "readable" by the Search engines, as dynamic menu systems are not easily "read" nor become part of the grand caching of the Search Engines.
        2. You would be better off using one of the menu systems specifically intended for primary website navigation: Buttons, Drop-Down, Sliders, etc.
        3. In any event, if you are going to use this Footer-formatted textlink system, you have to make sure it is properly positioned on the page; either formatted Center, Left, or Right and that it does not extend off the page. Even if there is nothing visibly extending, the transparent margins must themselves stay within established Page margins.
        4. Upgrade your browser: it has been over four years since Microsoft released IE9 to resolve the issues with IE7 and IE8.

Comment

Dear Vasili,

to 4. I am seeing the same display in google chrome ( current version). To upgrade to IE 9 is a cost that cannot carry at the moment since it requirers Windows 7.

I uploaded the screenshots for the editor and the webpage displayed. As you can see, where the triangles are is a huge space. And the transparent margin is within the page width, even so it got cutoff (on the right) in the assembly of the jpg.

The text navigation is centered horizontaly on the page. the first Link is simply not placed where it is placed in the editor.

thank you for your support

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            1. First of all, you are using Text links in a format that is usually exclusively intended for Footers, in order to provide actual navigation links that are "readable" by the Search engines, as dynamic menu systems are not easily "read" nor become part of the grand caching of the Search Engines.
            2. You would be better off using one of the menu systems specifically intended for primary website navigation: Buttons, Drop-Down, Sliders, etc.
            Assuming you are using XP, you would be better off upgrading your installation of Chrome to the most current version, and resetting your Default Browser from Internet Explorer to Chrome.

Because you insist on using a navigation method not intended to be used as Primary (as mentioned above), and being unable to review the individual settings of this navigation's configuration, it is impossible to offer you any real usable assistance. If you wish to continue using this navigational method despite the advice and intended use, you will need to Contact VodaHost Customer Support for any further technical help.

Comment

Working...
            X