This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I put a "captcha" into a form

I am having a lot of spam emails coming through my php index page (hundreds at a time), probably from automated fillers. DOes the "captcha" idea eliminate this? If so, how do I integrate.
    My website is www.emailhomes.ca
    Thanks

Re: how do I put a "captcha" into a form

Yes ... CAPTCHA will thwart automated email Spam entirely (which is why it is included in BlueVoda).

From the BlueVoda Workpane Toolbar: INSERT > FORM > CAPTCHA

Configure CAPTCHA as desired, but be sure it is positioned well within the FORM AREA and before the SUBMIT button, as exampled on this site's page, and multiple variations on this site as on this page, this page, and even this page.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,
      Thanks. I have put the 'captcha' in my form using the wizard, as described. Now the page doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

Comment

Delete it, and manually install it using the directions provided earlier, making sure the enitre CAPTCHA is well within the borders of your FORM area and before the SUBMIT button.
        Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        From the BlueVoda Workpane Toolbar: INSERT > FORM > CAPTCHA
        It really shouldn't be such an issue ....

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Delete it, and manually install it using the directions provided earlier, making sure the enitre CAPTCHA is well within the borders of your FORM area and before the SUBMIT button.
          It really shouldn't be such an issue ....
          I realize it shouldn't be but I've never been able to successfully put a form in place.
          Here's the message I get when I publish the page you see as my index:

Warning: file_get_contents(www.emailhomes.ca/blog) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wcruydvb/public_html/index.php on line 11

Comment

I just tried publishing the page with the form as "POST" method. That works but I don't want it that way. I want to use the "built in PHP processor" as I have done in the past: simpler for clients. Can this be done?

Comment

You need to find a way to get through whatever personal challenge that prevents you from doing things as prescribed in order to produce the predictable results that you so long for. Substitution and shortcuts do not suffice.

When in doubt, review again this Tip for clarity's sake, and in your case, pay attention to #3. When using multiple fields in the email Form, this is critical and cannot be ignored or purposely omitted.

Comment

Working...
              X