Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php 2.0.20 version

Hi,

I made in the control panel the up load of the new version of php but since then i had 3 problems.
    The first 2 are solved the other was that when someone try to check all the posts from another user, gets this message :

Could not delete old search id sessions

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'search_time' in 'where clause'

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1147018325

Line : 657
    File : search.php
    is that when someone try to check all the posts from another user, gets this message :

I post this problem in the php support and they told this:

"
    1. Create a fix.php file with the following:
    1. Code:
    <?php
    define('IN_PHPBB', true);
    $phpbb_root_path = './';
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
    $userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_INDEX);
    init_userprefs($userdata);
    $page_title = 'phpBB Fix';
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_header.'.$phpEx);

$sql = array();
    $sql[] = "ALTER TABLE " . SEARCH_TABLE . " ADD COLUMN `search_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0'";

$sql_count = count($sql);
    echo '<table width="80%" class="forumline"><tr><td><u><b>Report:</b></u><br />';
    for( $i = 0; $i < $sql_count; $i++ )
    {
    $query = $i+1;
    if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql[$i])) )
    {echo "<b>Query $query:</b> <font color=\"red\"><b>Error (" . mysql_error() . ")</b></font><br />";}
    else
    {echo "<b>Query $query:</b> <font color=\"green\"><b>Ran successfully</b></font><br />";}
    }

echo '<br /><br />All queries have been run. If any errors came up above, be sure to post the report in your topic on phpBB.com. <b><br />You should now delete this file</b></td><tr></table>';
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);
    ?>
    1. Upload the file to your board's root folder (the one with config.php)
    2. Run it by navigating to the file in your browser (ex. http://www.yoursite.com/phpBB2/fix.php)
    3. If any errors come up, post the report here.
    4. Be sure to delete the file; don't leave it on your server
    So, i create a fix.php file, using notepad and then with FTP manager i copy/upload it to the config.php but when i run the file in my browser, using the adress http://www.portugalpoker.net/phpBB2/fix.php , i get a message saying page cannot be displayed (HTTP4) and my forum, http://www.portugalpoker.net/Forum doesn´t open.

What i would like to now is if there is a way to up load the new version again, making my forum available, even with the "check this user message" problem.

Ty
    jose barbosa

Re: php 2.0.20 version

Yes, you can download the latest version from phpBB.com and upload it to your forum directory.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi,

May i use cpanel like i did in the instalation and in the upload to the new version?

In the Cpanel, Fantastico, when i click phpBB2, i get something like this(i made the possible translation from portuguese to english):

New Instalation(2.0.20)
      space need:2.45MB
      space available:11939MB

Current Instalation:

/Forum(2.0.20) Go to Page Remove

So i have 2 possible choices where i can click:
      New Instalation and Remove

To keep all the posts and users that i have, should i choose New Instalation or Remove ?

Thanks again

Comment

If you remove, the posts will be deleted. New installation will (i think) install another seesion of the forum. So no use either.
        Maybe your problem has something to do with how you have made your fix.php file in notepad. When you create the "fix" file in notepad, you MUST NOT "Save" it, but you must "Save as", then choose File Type "All files" and then give it the name "fix.php". Otherwise it is saved as "fix.php.txt" and ofcourse it results in a "404 Page not Found" error in IE. Try saving as i said, re-upload it on the server and run it. Then delete it using your file manager or FTP.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

When i made the up load of the fix.php file for the 1st time, i used the FTP Manager in BV and i think that what i should use is the File manager in the CP.

So, i use the File Manager in CP today, but my forum page is still unavailable.

What i think that is causing this problem is that in my first up load, using FTP manager, i made a big mistake, because i dragged the fix.php file and dropped into the config.php file, overwriting the config.php file.
          If i am correct i would like to know if you could give me the right scipt/code to the config.php file
          I also have one doubt about how to run the fix.php file after the up load was made.
          I thing that i just need to click on the File URL of the fix.php, but i get this page error:
          Internal server error
          The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@portugalpoker.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
          More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request “

When i click in “Show File” i get one error in one of the queries :
          < $sql_count; $i++ ){ $query = $i+1; if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql[$i])) ) {echo "Query $query: Error (" . mysql_error() . ")

";} else {echo "Query $query: Ran successfully";} }echo '
          All queries have been run. If any errors came up above, be sure to post the report in your topic on phpBB.com.
          You should now delete this file';include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);

So, if you can help me to keep my forum with all the posts and users that i have, i would really appreciate, because at this point i don´t want to believe that i may have to delete everything and install a new forum.

Thanks again

Comment

Go to phpBB.com and download a fresh version of the forum software. Upload the config.php from that file and it will overwrite what you have now. For that matter, I'd probably just upload everything to try to fix whatever is causing the problem. As long as you don't delete the database, you won't lose any members or posts.

If you decide to upload all the files, do not upload the install directory.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

OK,

But to up load i should use the FTP Manger in Blue Voda or the File Manager in the Control panel ? Or id doesn´t make any diference ?

Comment

Originally posted by portugalpoker
                OK,

But to up load i should use the FTP Manger in Blue Voda or the File Manager in the Control panel ? Or id doesn´t make any diference ?
                It doesn't matter. For multiple files, ftp is more efficient.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                X