This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Question

Hi, Is there a way to prevent a page from redirecting to anywhere else but my home page when clicking on any item. I have embedded HTML coded charts on the site. When a user clicks on the chart, it takes them away from my site to the site that provides the charts. I don't want that to happen. Want the click to redirect to my homepage. I am sure the provider has that action coded into the HTML code but my question simply is if there is a page function to either disable linking in general or set a rule for any links to redirect to my home page. www.tradingoptionsforincome.com. Thanks!

Re: Linking Question

You are not "embedding" anything at all, only using an iFrame to present items as they appear originally on a source site/page.
    This is why when clicked, the visitor is directed to that source.

To prevent this, simply place a transparent SHAPE over these iFrames completely and configure these Shapes with a link to whatever page of your website you wish traffic delivered, if you want to provide a link at all: you could simply lay the transparent Shape over the iFrame area without a link at all, totally defeating the "issue" altogether!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Linking issue continued

Hi, Is there a way to prevent a page from redirecting to anywhere else but my home page when clicking on any item. I have embedded HTML coded charts on the site. When a user clicks on the chart, it takes them away from my site to the site that provides the charts. I don't want that to happen. Want the click to redirect to my homepage. I am sure the provider has that action coded into the HTML code but my question simply is if there is a page function to either disable linking in general or set a rule for any links to redirect to my home page. www.tradingoptionsforincome.com. I tried to use a SHAPE (transparent) over the iframe and this did not stop the clickon action to take me to the original chart page.

Comment

Working...
      X