Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Error while trying to publish

My domain is: davidandmelswedding.com

I have been trying to publish my page for several hours now (since I first received the email to say my domain had been registered).

The first error I encountered was: 12014 - incorrect password.
    The welcome e-mail did not have IP address or password details, however I used the "forgotten password" link to get my password, and a process of elimination of the IP addresses in the list to pick out the one that gave me a new error: 12031 - timeout.

After reading through several forum posts, I have disabled ALL my firewalls & internet security (and since reinstated them) and have tried connecting directly to the modem - bypassing the router.
    All this has helped me overcome that error for another one: 12002 - timeout.

This is the one giving me the most trouble. I have increased my connection timeout to 999 seconds - it won't let me go any higher, yet it still drops out within 10 seconds.
    I have a feeling that, although the email said the domain was up & running, that it has not yet been activated. When I type the domain into my browser, nothing is found, not even a "this site is under construction" message.

Are my suspicions correct? If this is the case, then maybe it's not my connection that is timing out at all, it would simpy be speaking to someone who is not responding.

Any help is greatly appreciated, would love to get the site up & running before Saturday - I have a wedding to be in.

Thanks, Mel.

Re: 3rd Error while trying to publish

Originally posted by mel_carlile
    My domain is: davidandmelswedding.com

I have been trying to publish my page for several hours now (since I first received the email to say my domain had been registered).

The first error I encountered was: 12014 - incorrect password.
    The welcome e-mail did not have IP address or password details, however I used the "forgotten password" link to get my password, and a process of elimination of the IP addresses in the list to pick out the one that gave me a new error: 12031 - timeout.

After reading through several forum posts, I have disabled ALL my firewalls & internet security (and since reinstated them) and have tried connecting directly to the modem - bypassing the router.
    All this has helped me overcome that error for another one: 12002 - timeout.

This is the one giving me the most trouble. I have increased my connection timeout to 999 seconds - it won't let me go any higher, yet it still drops out within 10 seconds.
    I have a feeling that, although the email said the domain was up & running, that it has not yet been activated. When I type the domain into my browser, nothing is found, not even a "this site is under construction" message.

Are my suspicions correct? If this is the case, then maybe it's not my connection that is timing out at all, it would simpy be speaking to someone who is not responding.

Any help is greatly appreciated, would love to get the site up & running before Saturday - I have a wedding to be in.

Thanks, Mel.
    Mel, enter a support ticket. (HelpCentre). Just to make sure everything is ok.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank-you, I have done it - turns out I forgot to sign-up for web-hosting... kind of a problem. All fixed now.

So good to see that little box pop up to say....

"Publish successful".

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by mel_carlile
        Thank-you, I have done it - turns out I forgot to sign-up for web-hosting... kind of a problem. All fixed now.

So good to see that little box pop up to say....

"Publish successful".

Thanks for your help.
        You are very welcome and I'm glad you've got it sorted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X