This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want Scrolling Content

I would like to be able to scroll certain content on a page, but I don't like the clunkiness of the inline frame scroll bars. I would like to have something that is more sleek. Is there any way to customize the inline frame scroll bars. I would also like to get the scroll bars to be added to the inside of the frame instead of the outside of the frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Scrollable text

I would like to add scrollable text (somtimes with a picture) to a place in my website without the whole site scrolling. Is there a way to do this in BV? If not, does someone know of a script? Here is an example of what I am talking about www.gbcfl.org/#/ministries.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Comment

Re: Inline Frames

Originally posted by Sideways View Post
      I would like to be able to scroll certain content on a page, but I don't like the clunkiness of the inline frame scroll bars. I would like to have something that is more sleek. Is there any way to customize the inline frame scroll bars. I would also like to get the scroll bars to be added to the inside of the frame instead of the outside of the frame.
      Using iFrames to manage larger blocks of valued Content is defeating entirely, as the SEO values are not attributed to the destination page at all and strictly fixed upon the separate Source Page. iFrames must be used sparingly, or at least strategically (most optimal use is for diminished Content or volumes of a single genre).

Try using a BlueVoda Text Box instead (located at top-right of the Workpane Toolbar, near the email FORMS icons).

Unlike an iFrame that disassociates the SEO Values of Content from the Destination page, Text Boxes preserve that Page's Content value and attributes. Even though Text pasted into a Text Box cannot be as richly formatted as normal text (no italics, no Bold, cannot insert/import images, etc.), the Text Box inherits the Style (colors, shadows, etc.) for the scrollbars and "Tools" that you configured for the Page via PAGE PROPERTIES, which in the long run provides more overall design continuity and User appeal.

Understand??

Sometimes a visual example helps more, and you can see especially how BlueVoda Text Boxes are properly used on THIS SITE instead of resorting to mis-use of iFrames to manage large Content in smaller page designs. (Depending on your browser, you may or may not see the complimentary colors and formats of the scrollbars: seems IE and FireFox show them, but Chrome defaults to generic light blue.)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Scrollable text

Originally posted by Sideways View Post
        I would like to add scrollable text (somtimes with a picture) to a place in my website without the whole site scrolling. Is there a way to do this in BV? If not, does someone know of a script? Here is an example of what I am talking about www.gbcfl.org/#/ministries
        Use a BlueVoda Text Box (located at top-right of the Workpane Toolbar with email FORM TOOLS). AS MENTIONED ABOVE

A good example of even multiple use of BlueVoda Textbox can be seen on THIS PAGE.

Comment

Scrollable text and pictures on stagnant background

I would like to add a scrollable section to a page in my website. It would be a page showing a picture of our staff and a short bio of each staff member. I want this to fit in a movable section on an otherwise stagnant page (Header, footer, and navigation bar stay put). (The bios will scroll while the rest of the page remains stationary. Is there a way to do this in BV?

I tried using forms but had several problems:
          1. The biggest problem was that I could not add pictures to the text to allow them all to scroll together.
          2. Forms allow the user to resize the form box--do not like to allow users to do this.
          3. Could not figure out how to change the color to the scroll bar.
          4. Ideally, I would like to change the style of the scroll bar to something a little more sleek.

I know that I don't want to do this with an inline frame because they are not SEO Value friendly.

Any ideas of what could be done, or will I have to do this with some sort of script.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Comment

Simple solution!
            I believe in BlueVoda 12 and later versions, there is a selection in Page Properties to "fix" the background, but since I do not use BV12+ I cannot say for sure.
            Nevertheless, the following allows you to scroll the whole page over a static-position background rather than try inserting scrolling text areas dealing with the limitations that presents. Page Scrollbars (for any browser to display) are normally configured via Page Properties (your hoping to find a "sleeker" scrollbar version is moot, as each browser may or may not display styles or types --- unless you are creating your pages in Flash, which has a completely different manner of displaying Styles across all browsers).

METHOD A (Single Universal View Large Image)
            1. To make your image universally viewable across your entire background, you will need to Format your page's Background Image as at least 1700 pixels wide and at least 1000 pixels tall (for a non-tiling single image).
            You can choose to use a simplified image only as wide as your page (for instance, using one of the free BlueVoda page templates) but will not be able to color the background at the same time unless you use the second Method B below for your image as an "under-page image" and simply "coloring" your background via PAGE PROPERTIES using the normal method.

2. Install the background image via PAGE PROPERTIES normally.

3. Go in PAGE HTML and add the following code in the Inside Body of the page HTML:

background-attachment: fixed;
            background-repeat: no-repeat;

or ..... if you prefer faster page loads and wish instead to use the pre-loaded image method ....

METHOD B ("Under Page" Image, with Color Background)
            1. Upload your formatted background (to be displayed "under the page") image to the "image" folder in your site's public_html/ directory, which creates a URL for that image

2. Color Format your Page background in the normal method via PAGE PROPERTIES

3. Enter the code into the PAGE HTML in the BETWEEN HEAD Tag, replacing the red colored text with the URL of your own background image you uploaded above. Delete the Blue colored "no" if you wish a smaller image to repeat across the page (Tiled).

<body style="background: url('
            http://www.yoursitename.com/images/main-background.jpg') no-repeat center fixed;">

But ... if you still want simply a Scroller Textbox on your page, find a script online that meets your requirements that can be easily added by pasting the configured code into a BV HTML Box on your page (along with any additional code pastes according to the various instructions). Remember .... the website example you mentioned is using a Textbox created in Flash, so finding a HTML or Java-scripted Textbox with similar features or functionality is an unrealistic expectation!

A rather slick version with "arrow" scrollers can be found HERE but there are tons of others out there for your consideration. You just have to look for them.

As far as wanting to have a scrolling combobox with scrollers on a side you prefer, or a configurable style the way you pictured it ... well, the reality is often different than our desires. You should try incorporating one of these mentioned options in your design scheme instead of rebuking what may appear as compromise. By the time you understand and are able to apply them properly, you will probably appreciate the soundness of the standards overall.

Good Luck!

Comment

Re: Inline Frames

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X