Violated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violated

I have just returned from Spain, while I was there I decided to take a look at my site, to my horror I found that my entire site was riddled with links I knew nothing about. There must be over 50 maybe 100 (I lost count) text links, with a double line underneath and highlighting random words that link to an outfit called "Rxsearchnetwork.com based in Houston,Texas. Each word highlighted relates to a product, for example "flower" would link to about 6 different florists on this search network. Even some of my exchange links and affiliate links were infiltrated.
    When I look at my site in the UK there is no sign of these links. I have tried bringing it up with Google.es but again no sign of these links, only in Spain. Has anyone experienced anything like this and can provide any insight as what to do, if anything ?

bdrek
    www.sunquestvillas.net

Re: Violated

bdrek,
    I am based in spain, as you know, and I cannot see anything different about your site since the last time I visited.
    Where can I find these infiltrated links ??
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I am in the US and I only found one linking word that was 'golf' on the second page an it appears to be a link of yours as the address bar was similar. But each button does open a new window :(
      -------------------------------------------
      Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

Hi David
        I was about to send you a regular e-mail regarding this. I was in Cala Ste Vinceti for the weekend. At the hotel I was checking my email and decided to look at my site and I found all these links that I have mentioned. I went to your site, through my link, and found the same on your links page. Certain words were highlighted in blue wit a double line uderneath.

regards
        derek

Comment

Hi Shelly

Thanks for looking. The main 9 pages of the 33 in site open individually because my home page contains music and if they all opened in the same window the music cuts out when you click to a new page. I have not been able to find a way around that.

derek

Comment

Hi David
            As I mentioned I cant see them now back in the UK, maybe I had too much vino tinto.

derek

Comment

Hi derek,
              I have checked my site and cannot see any links that should not be there....
              ???
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Un - Violated (I think)

I did try to contact this RX search network outfit to voice my displeasure and have them remove all these links. I was'nt sure that I got through to them, perhaps i succeeded. Everything seems to be normal as you said. Bye the way weather was lovely up there this weekend

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by bdrek
                  I have just returned from Spain, while I was there I decided to take a look at my site, to my horror I found that my entire site was riddled with links I knew nothing about. There must be over 50 maybe 100 (I lost count) text links, with a double line underneath and highlighting random words that link to an outfit called "Rxsearchnetwork.com based in Houston,Texas. Each word highlighted relates to a product, for example "flower" would link to about 6 different florists on this search network. Even some of my exchange links and affiliate links were infiltrated.
                  When I look at my site in the UK there is no sign of these links. I have tried bringing it up with Google.es but again no sign of these links, only in Spain. Has anyone experienced anything like this and can provide any insight as what to do, if anything ?

bdrek
                  www.sunquestvillas.net
                  Was this on your pc or someone else's? It sounds to me like a browser plug in (possibly adware) that highlights words and attempts to route people to vendors selling related products. It's not on your site but in the way your site was accessed.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan

I accessed my site from a coin operated computer in a hotel I was staying at in Mallorca. There is no evidence of these links on my PC at home.

regards
                    bdrek

Comment

Its not your site, its the adware or spyware on the computer you are on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you all, I went into a panic mode when I saw all these links. Good to know there is help available when you need it.

bdrek

Comment

Working...
                        X