I need feedback, made changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need feedback, made changes

Hi all, I need feedback on website again. I changed colors, added more. Any recomendations. Are colors ok? Does it load fast, especialy for dialup user? How is the layout? Anything that can use an improvent. Thanks.
    sigpic

Re: I need feedback, made changes

Please post your url here for us again!
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

OOps, I didn't post my url. hahha, www.toysandbooks.net, sorry all
      sigpic

Comment

Laindia: I like the new look. So much so, I went in to shop.... Well I found the Girls Angel Bear Security Blanket, filled out the info, registered, and went to checkout. The Bear was $18.95 and shipping $5.99 for a total of $24.94. Great..so I clicked on paypal to pay and when the paypal screen came up it showed $24.94 and then another $3.74 for shipping for a total now of $28.68. I backed out and decided not to order, but instead, let you know about this. Let me know, because I really do want to order that Angel Bear for my new granddaughter that will be born in the next month or so. Thought you would want to know about that little glitch! Thanks
        Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Looks good. On my screen the wording on the buttons is running off the button on Deluxe Books Three. I put my web site in my signature that way it is always there. And there was a comment in another thread about it counting toward the se's noticing it the more it was used here (it = site address)
          -------------------------------------------
          Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

Like the new look. Much better. Congrats!!!

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Lady
              Laindia: I like the new look. So much so, I went in to shop.... Well I found the Girls Angel Bear Security Blanket, filled out the info, registered, and went to checkout. The Bear was $18.95 and shipping $5.99 for a total of $24.94. Great..so I clicked on paypal to pay and when the paypal screen came up it showed $24.94 and then another $3.74 for shipping for a total now of $28.68. I backed out and decided not to order, but instead, let you know about this. Let me know, because I really do want to order that Angel Bear for my new granddaughter that will be born in the next month or so. Thought you would want to know about that little glitch! Thanks
              Cindy
              Yes I noticed that. I been trying to tell them it's the soho program. Shopping cart. I even had paypal check it out to make sure it wasn't on there end. It's Vodahost's end. I sent a support ticket. Asking where money went, so I can process this correctly. I don't no what's going on here. I set shipping and all correctly. If you wish to order. You can send directly to my paypal. the 24.95 and I'll process the order immediatly. And I really hope Voda Fixes this problem immediatly, your my first order. I can't afford to lose customers. I want to bring all my old customers to my new website once it's complete. Let me no and I'll make you an invoice for the bear directly from paypal ok. And on my end, it showed it was 24.94 that you paid. There were not extra charges. Whew, now I no what happened to money. Thank You so much for notifying me on this. Let me no if you still wish to purchase. I'll process order immediatly for you. Thanks a whole lot for letting me know, also I hope they see that it's not paypal end it's sthere shopping cart side of this problem.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OhScrap
                Looks good. On my screen the wording on the buttons is running off the button on Deluxe Books Three. I put my web site in my signature that way it is always there. And there was a comment in another thread about it counting toward the se's noticing it the more it was used here (it = site address)
                Sorry don't understand what you ment on one what you mentioned. Also yes, I need to fix the wording on the buttons so they all fit correctly. I noticed that too. Thanks
                sigpic

Comment

Laindia,

I'm a newbie here, but... I will tell you as a webmaster your link page was ...different. What I would do if I were you, is have a sponsered link and a link trade directory, meaning that Id either have two directories or, One directory with an icon to show partner and a different icon to show paid link. In honesty I would probably pass it up, just because of the PAID directory. My thought would be, to just make a paid link SITE and run some google ads, and articles and sell the links. I link to lots of people who dont reciprocate, just because the link is useful to my visitors. Just a newbies point of view!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
                    Laindia,

I'm a newbie here, but... I will tell you as a webmaster your link page was ...different. What I would do if I were you, is have a sponsered link and a link trade directory, meaning that Id either have two directories or, One directory with an icon to show partner and a different icon to show paid link. In honesty I would probably pass it up, just because of the PAID directory. My thought would be, to just make a paid link SITE and run some google ads, and articles and sell the links. I link to lots of people who dont reciprocate, just because the link is useful to my visitors. Just a newbies point of view!

Karen
                    Yes, I no what you mean. I think I'll follow your advice. I am going to take off the paid linking and keep the link exchange. As far as partners if I can find some I like with same size logo's and what not I'll probably lined them up to the right of page going down. New at this program and am still learning. Thanks and I'll try to do how you described.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I went ahead and ordered, but you still have the problem. I will send you a seperate email. Thanks
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Landia,
                        You will want more than one Link page, You will want to categorize links, and almost have a mini site devoted to linking. I'm not trying to boss you, so I apologize if I come off that way, but you dont want to be seen as a Link Farm, nor do you necessarily want to be hosting pages and pages of banners, nor do u want to be pointing to those banners cos if their site goes down, youll have page of red x's. To get an idea of link pages look at Bethers or My stores. I get a considerable amount of sales and hits from my link pages as well as my search engine hits. I know there are tons and tons of styles out there, im just sharing with you what I know works.
                        Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree with Karen, except when I do banners, I do keep them pointing to the other site - let it be their bandwidth LOL - but I don't put up many banners, only for affiliates, and then I don't even use banners for all of them and only on links pages. - I've discovered that having a subtle line like in my footer on www.achildspalace.com in the home page and on my main links page - saying we recommend vodahost - works well for me - I use that type of linking a lot on my stores.

I agree about my traffic and sales from my links pages. I'm careful of who I link with, making sure that we're compatible and that the sites I link with are professional and I really would want to send my visitors there :) -

Of course, I'm talking about my stores. If someone has a personal site, they can do things a lot differently, but I need to make my living from my stores, therefore I have to keep it all professional.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

When I viewd your pages the header at the top came out like this
                            http://plusplace.co.uk/test.html with "Books" out of line.
                            But when I go into full screen it is ok. It is probably something to do with page widths but someone more knowledgable will know better than me.
                            Very nice site though.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                            royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Hi Laindia,

much improved than the first version.

keep up the good work:)

Comment

Working...
                              X