PDA

View Full Version : Autoresponder Not Working?

ai2fei
05-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I have two forms to fill in on my www.resolvedebts.co.uk (http://www.resolvedebts.co.uk); When I test fill in the forms myself, I receive the information in the email in boxes that I have created. However, despite the fact that I have set up an autoresponder, no autoresponse goes out to the sender of the filled in form (me as the test sender).

Can someone explain why this is not happening.

Maybe some of you can send me a dummy form filled in with gibberish (mark it as dummy in the first field asking for financial information) to see what happens.

navaldesign
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
To have your autoresponder work properly, depending on the script that you have used, make sure you have set correctly the "From" field in your script.

dasmoon
05-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Make sure your form field names contain a name, noticed from your source page html there were no names specified for the fields for check boxes area. Try placing a field name into the form fields. Hope this helps.

Dasmoon

navaldesign
05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
if you use Pablo's script, then the field relevant to the visitor's email HAS to be named "email" otherwise the "From" tag in the email will be empty and the autoresponder won't work.

ai2fei
05-12-2006, 07:12 AM
The autoresponder WAS working. It was hotmail that was Junk mailing them. I found the autorespones a few days later in my junk mail. how do I design my autoresponses so that my customers receive them? I assume if hotmail junks my responses in my account it will also junk them in the accounts of others.

Phil

isfahan
05-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi everybody,

I read something about autoresponder. I also have some forms on my site, but have no autoresponder. How do I set one up?

Next to that I also receive an .att file. How do I access the data?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Isfahan

www.ypabizz.com (http://www.ypabizz.com)

VodaHost
05-13-2006, 07:18 PM
please watch the toturial on building forms.