Please help - video problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - video problem

I've watched and followed the video guides and done everything the way I was told to, but the video I added to my site doesn't play when I open the page. I added it with the Windows media player and it previewed correctly, but after I'd published the page, nothing happened. So I tried re-publishing and still nothing. Then I removed the Windows media player and tried it with the Quicktime player instead, but that didn't work either.

The video isn't too big - it's a 3.21MB .wmv file - I checked in the FTP manager to see if had uploaded alright and it had, and I've also looked through this forum but couldn't find the solution anywhere.
    My site's address is www.ktebpages.com .

I've no idea what I'm doing wrong - any help would be appreciated.

Re: Please help - video problem

Gresley-
    I found that when I moved the mouse over the video screen- I was prompted to click on screen to use controls. I did so and then pressed play and the trailer started and played all the way through.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy - I just tried that but it didn't help, the play button stays on but nothing shows on the screen. It won't work for me.

Do you think that my Internet Explorer settings may be wrong? When I previewed the page in BlueVoda, I got a toolbar message saying -

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...

When I click on it I can allow active content on the preview page and it seems fine there, but I don't know how to change the settings to allow active content when I'm online. Could this be why the video won't play when I go to my page?

Comment

Yes- that window temporarily allows the content but will not allow it at other times.

Try going to Tools (at top of IE) >Internet Options>Security>Custom
        Level- in there scroll down and put a check to Run ActivX controls and Plugins

Then go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to Multi-Media and put a check in Play Videos in web pages.

See if that doesn't help.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I've just changed the settings but the video still doesn't show and the same message appears in the BlueVoda preview. Do the script settings need to be changed as well?

Comment

Unsure- You can try.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Changing them hasn't helped either.

Edit: I've just looked at the page through Firefox - it doesn't work there either, so it may not be my IE settings.

Comment

I could see the video when I clicked on the controls I saw the video but it did not fit in the space that you had provided.
                -------------------------------------------
                Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

It looked the right size in the preview - I thought it was supposed to fit whatever size I chose for the media player. I can't see it at all so I don't know how big it is when it's on the page.

Comment

It Played ok for me in Firefox and IE6.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

How long did it take to load? Maybe I'm not waiting long enough.

Comment

about 1 to 2 minutes on 2mb broadband

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                        royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

I'm on dial-up - I might not have let it load for long enough.
                          I'll try leaving it to load for an hour and see if plays then. Hopefully that will fix my problem.

Thanks for your help everyone - I'll post again if it doesn't work.

Edit: It doesn't seem to be loading at all - I checked the settings of the player on the page and that said the video was 00:00 seconds long. It's like the video just isn't there - I'll try opening a support ticket.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Your video played for me, but also not sized properly. Took about 30 seconds to load for me. I have IE6 and connect using Sprint Broadband.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Is the wording on the video not fitting properly? I don't know how to fix that because everything looks right when I preview it in BlueVoda.

Comment

Working...
                              X