This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Mouseover Issue

For years I have had my site with you guys. benwolffpottery.com I just recently updated to the new bluevoda builder. After I did so I now have a unwanted changed mouse over color "black" on my links. This has become a problem as my background is black. I have tried to locate the reason for the change. It appears to only be happening to the pages that I have published since the download. If you could please let me know how to change it back to normal as it looks like my site's links are weird and I do not want to deter any traffic. Thank you very much in advance for your time. Ben
    Ben Wolff Pottery

Re: Mouse Over Issue

The only "mouseover" issue as you describe that I can notice applies to the 'Breadcrumb' Navigation you have added to the top-center of pages as an added navigational aid: as in "Pages 1 2 3 ... " etc. If this is what you are referring to, then indeed, there is something you must correct on your end.

Since you have downloaded to the newest version of BlueVoda, there are a few things you must be aware of in order to operate properly as described in this post.

Primarily, you must properly edit your Hyperlink Styles for all new pages, for although navigation will "inherit" the designated rollover Style "name," the new page does not have that Style actually defined on the page until you manually enter the actual "configuration."
    In other words, say your rollover Style has been named "breadcrumb1" on all previous pages, and the Links on the new pages have been copied from previous pages (along with the "breadcrumb1" Style entered) .... you must still manually configure on the new page that named Hyperlink Style so the page knows what to apply when using that named Style. You only have to do this once per page, as all the Links with this same named inherited Style will be thus defined.

Open the Styles and "edit" that particular Hyperlink Style and you'll see yourself the issue that you can correct before re-Publishing:
    FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK STYLES > Select Named Style > EDIT > Manually Configure Style
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Mouse Over Issue

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      The only "mouseover" issue as you describe that I can notice applies to the 'Breadcrumb' Navigation you have added to the top-center of pages as an added navigational aid: as in "Pages 1 2 3 ... " etc. If this is what you are referring to, then indeed, there is something you must correct on your end.

Since you have downloaded to the newest version of BlueVoda, there are a few things you must be aware of in order to operate properly as described in this post.

Primarily, you must properly edit your Hyperlink Styles for all new pages, for although navigation will "inherit" the designated rollover Style "name," the new page does not have that Style actually defined on the page until you manually enter the actual "configuration."
      In other words, say your rollover Style has been named "breadcrumb1" on all previous pages, and the Links on the new pages have been copied from previous pages (along with the "breadcrumb1" Style entered) .... you must still manually configure on the new page that named Hyperlink Style so the page knows what to apply when using that named Style. You only have to do this once per page, as all the Links with this same named inherited Style will be thus defined.

Open the Styles and "edit" that particular Hyperlink Style and you'll see yourself the issue that you can correct before re-Publishing:
      FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK STYLES > Select Named Style > EDIT > Manually Configure Style
      Thank you for getting back to me on this. I did as you instructed and that worked.
      When I first made my site I only right clicked and changed the link color ect... on the page properties.

Happy Holidays

Ben
      Ben Wolff Pottery

Comment

Working...
      X