X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Protecting and Publishing

Hi

I hope someone can help

I am having a bit of trouble with password protection. I want to create a page with a price list on that only some people can see.

I have followed some instructions from the forum already - hopefully they were correct.

I went to file manager, created a new folder in public_html called members only.

I then went back to the control panel and selected password protect directories - I followed the instructions from the vodahost video and now have a padlock next to membersonly. I have also created a username with a password.

(Should the protected file be in public_html or not?)

I then opened up bluevoda and published a test page to public_html/membersonly

I then went to a current page on my webpage inserted a shape and created a link and again published but only to public_html

I then went to my website and selected the shape with the link - I expected a password protection warning to come up but instead my test page appeared without any username or password?

Am I doing this correctly or have I misread how this works? Any advice would be appreciated.....

Re: Password Protecting and Publishing

click the below to learn how to create a password protected directory (folder)

After you create this, simply upload to this ditrectory.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Password Protecting and Publishing

Many thanks, I had already seen that video.

I did figure out what I had done wrong - when creating the link to the protected page/PDF I wasn't putting in the folder name eg

I was putting http://website.co.uk/test.html instead of http://website.co.uk/protectedfoldername/test.html

Slowly picking it up

Comment

Working...
      X