Cannot publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot publish

I have just taken over the management of this non-profit website ( georgetownnewcomers.org ) and I have updated the index page and want to publish it. I've tried everything I know to do. I've given BlueVoda access through my Windows 7 Firewall and turned off the firewall for McAfee. I've gone into Tools on the BlueVoda menu and changed the FTP to winsock.
    When I preview everything looks fine and when I publish it tells me that the Publish is Successful, but the website doesn't change. What do I need to do to publish?
    Thanks for your help.
    Gwen

Re: Cannot publish

Hi, it looks like the page was just updated, try going to your site, hold the ctrl key down and hit f5 once, you should then see the new page!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I tried what you suggested and saw no change. I don't think that it was my trying to publish that caused the change in the website. I didn't change the logo, but now I cannot see the logo. I changed the pictures but the picture are still the same. Do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi, a lot of your images have been saved with spaces in them, ie:

Newcomers Antique Group.jpg

Save the images without spaces:

Newcomers_Antique_Group.jpg

Insert them into BlueVoda again, save and publish the page, not all browsers will parse a space.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you. Thank you. It works. I can publish!
          I know better. It is often the simplest of mistakes that get overlooked.

Comment

Great! We are glad that it is working for you!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Publishing problem

I was able to publish index.bvp and monthly_news.bvp at georgetownnewcomers.org but then my ability to publish seems to have stopped. I've tried to update both of the files and nothing happens even though I get Publish Successful. I have not been able to update special_interest_groups2.bvp and sig_news.bvp even with just a simple background change.
              Any suggestions on what I might try?

Comment

Re: Publishing problem

Originally posted by gwenm View Post
                I was able to publish index.bvp and monthly_news.bvp at georgetownnewcomers.org but then my ability to publish seems to have stopped. I've tried to update both of the files and nothing happens even though I get Publish Successful. I have not been able to update special_interest_groups2.bvp and sig_news.bvp even with just a simple background change.
                Any suggestions on what I might try?
                It really DOES take a short while before the methods sink in and a "routine" borne of understanding takes shape to rely upon .... likely you are simply focusing on doing "steps" without yet seeing the overall picture on Page Naming, Publishing, how Pages should be formatted, etc.

This post might help get you past this pratfall >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post377461
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I went to the post you suggested but didn't see anything that applied. The pages I mentioned already exist on the website and I just want to update them. When I looked at the website today the modifications to index.bvp and monthly_news.bvp had been updated though I did nothing to change them today. The other two pages are existing pages that I want to update but have never been able to publish them.
                  Any other ideas?

Comment

Hi, Try going to the pages and holding the ctrl key down and hitting f5 once, this completely clears out your cache. The fact that two pages updated without you doing anything to them suggests that your browser is caching the old pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I tried the Ctrl + F5 before I sent the message and I tried it again just now--several times. There is no change.
                      When I do the Ctrol + F5 I see a pop-up window with a gear and all the bars under the gear are highlighted--if that helps.
                      Next suggestion?

Comment

Hi, the sig_news page was updated on Saturday according to logs and the special_interest_groups2 was updated on Monday, please try saving one of the pages as test.bvp and publishing and see if you see the update online when you go to the test page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay, I went into index and changed the link on the menu from sig_news to test.html. I did all the stuff save and publish and when I went to the website -- nothing. I went back to Preview and selected the link I got error 404 Not Found.

Comment

Please go here:

If this is the correct page, update your hyperlink back to special_interest_groups.html and you should see the page when you go to it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am working on the sig_news page and I have the same old problem. Everything looks good on this end in Preview but when I go to the website nothing has changed. I saved sig_news as test, changed the link on index to test, saved, Published -- no change. Used Ctrl+F5 -- no change. I then changed the link back to sig_news, saved and Published -- no change.
                              Should I expect the change to appear immediately after I Publish?

Comment

Working...
                              X