Hiding member list in phpbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding member list in phpbb

How does one go about hidding the member list from the public view in phpbb forum?

Re: Hiding member list in phpbb

Originally posted by Sadain
    How does one go about hidding the member list from the public view in phpbb forum?
    Hi Sadain
    as far as i know you can't in phpBB
    but with a bit of tweeking to the script you can rediret the link to a page that say's that the members list has been disabled.
    but remember the link path so you can see it as the admin.

Comment

Check phpbb's website, there is probably a modification you can install to do this

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=358975
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanx guys you were all a big Help, I get busy on it right away

Comment

Thanx guys you were all a big Help, I get busy on it right away
            Don't forget to copy all the files before you edit them.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

can you tell me what folder to extract the files in? It would be a big help.

I backed up the database is that what you meantg by copy all the files?

Comment

can you tell me what folder to extract the files in? It would be a big help.

I backed up the database is that what you meantg by copy all the files?
                For me, I just create a new folder in my documents area and download the files needing to be edited from my forum into that. Then, I make a copy of each one so if I screw up an edit, I have the original still.

Backing up the database is a good idea, but it won't help you if you make a mistake, that's why copies of the files are critical.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I'm not that good with editing files, I thought I could upload the zip file to a folder in File Manger and just exstract the file contents to a folder in phpbb and install it Ilooked at the forum link you post but, I couldn't find any explanation on how to install it.

Thanx

Comment

Ok, I see what to do now my members can hide thier email addresses from public site themselves I'll just post a how to on it that was my biggest concern, that email addresses would be visible if not a member

Thank You guys

Comment

That makes it easy then, doesn't it? LOL For future reference, the instructions are always included with the MOD download and make it pretty easy to make the necessary changes.

I've done this stuff plenty of times, as have several others, so just give us a shout if you ever run into a problem.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

cool

Thank you

Comment

Hallo evryone :)

im new here but its realy interesting place :) I hope i will stay here for i while..little about me... im 21 yers old and im working heh in ****** shop

Comment

Working...
                          X